Barbed-wire string

Barbed-wire string

A Poem by LA.Kin

no matter how hard I try, I cant get you out of my mind. When ever I look in the mirror and tell my self that your gone all I have to do is close my eyes to prove my self wrong. baby, baby, baby why must you hurt me. I still remember when I first heard your voice calling my name, begging me to unfurl my wings and rise from the world of man. But in this reality nothing always ends happily. I remember, I remember when you took my hand and flew to the heavens with me, and as we reached the golden gates above the world of man, I noticed the barded wire string connecting my heart to your hand. As my hand reached for the gates my wings burst into flames. The only thing saved me the string in your hand but instead of giving me a loving hand you gave the barbed wire string a tug and I watched my heart fly into your hand as I fell to the world of man, and as I rose from the ashes and the flame I heard your voice sing in the air above its not you its me.

© 2016 LA.Kin


Author's Note

LA.Kin
what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 15, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016

Author

LA.Kin
LA.Kin

Lockport, NY



About
A young writer hoping for some pointers and an audience. lol. more..

Writing
legacy(prolog) legacy(prolog)

A Story by LA.Kin


waiting waiting

A Poem by LA.Kin


Angel of mine Angel of mine

A Poem by LA.Kin