1/5

1/5

A Story by アキスーテ (Akisute)
"

So I decided to write and upload one new story everyday for the next five days. Why? Because of reasons.

"
If you were to ask her about her living conditions her answer would be something like this.
"Well it smells like s**t, various bits of outfits that have gone long forgotten create a crusty upper layer of the floor, and I suspect they may be responsible for the smell. The water is hot and runs at least, the oven works when it feels like it, the fridge only fails every other year, and I don't know what a microwave looks like anymore cause one hasn't been in my apartment in ages. On that note I forget what the sun looks like but I don't think I was supposed to look at it anyway so maybe that's not so bad."
If you were to ask her about how she got there she would remain silent.
If you were to ask you about her love life she would inadvertently answer the previous question.
Shortly after all of her educational requirements were completed and she had herself a piece of paper certifying her abilities in the field of dentistry she naturally went in search of an occupation in that particular field as one would be expected to do.
Jennifer quickly found herself employed at the office of Dr. Wagner & Associates.
She became my assistant and with a few years of working alongside me would graduate from a lowly dental assistant to a full fledged dentist as I was. She seemed surprisingly nervous when she first started despite being clearly more passionate and knowledged than most are when fresh out of college. She and I would have lengthy conversations about the practice and all its little facets and from her I even learned several stupid jokes that only a dentist would get. As will surely not surprise you little time had passed before we were seeing one another in many settings not only those that were professional.
Through means which I can no longer recollect we began a grand tradition of visiting the video store every weekend and renting a random film neither of us had never seen and found very mixed results in the qualities of these films, but one thing we did notice is every single one of them was improved when our livers were flooded with alcohol.
The small company only ever had one individual at a time armed with a cash register and after a short month or so of our ridiculous tradition the clerk named Dennis took note of our habit.
"You guys come in here pretty consistently." He said.
"It's movie roulette. We pick a random movie and hope it doesn't suck. And sometimes we also get drunk." She replied.
"Sounds like a blast. One night as always?"
"Yes please."
That was about the full extent of our relationship for quite sometime. But one day when we walked in he handed Jennifer a DVD before either of us had any chance to look around. We didn't question it and didn't even find it so odd, I hated the movie but Jenny as he predicted loved the film.
I suppose being able to judge the cinema she would enjoy greatly impressed her as a few short weeks after this incident she asked him out on a date, he couldn't refuse such and offer of course. I was quite honestly baffled by this decision as in my mind he was below us. He was a faceless store clerk, we had doctorates, for her to date him would be like the princess marrying a peasant boy, which sure often happens in fairy tales of yore but we live in the real world.
She grew ever so quickly in love with him and it showed in every interaction, every sentence, the way she said her words, and the way her eyes would glow. Something about adding him into her life fundamentally changed her and I won't even attempt to pretend that I understood this in even the slightest.
While I was incapable of understanding this relationship I did understand how much happier she had become in the time since its inception and so I accepted it without any hesitation or second thought.
But you already know it doesn't end well.
One day the fool failed to realize he had scheduled to have to of his lady friends visit him on the same day. It takes no imagination to realize how devastated she was by this revelation. And with that she lost that little something in every interaction, every sentence, the way she said her words, the way her eyes would glow. Her tone became flat, her skin dull and grey, her hair lifeless and flat.
Movie roulette ended and the occasions when I would see her outside of a professional setting became less frequent, and then soon even those were unheard of. She let herself fall into a pit and once there instead of trying to figure away up instead she decided to dig it deeper and no attempts on my part to lift her out, or toss her rope gained fruitful results.
In the end her liver succumbed to the abusive liquid she had for so long fed to it.

© 2013 アキスーテ (Akisute)


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

アキスーテ (Akisute)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: I don't bloody know

Author

アキスーテ (Akisute)
アキスーテ (Akisute)

DogBollock, USA



About
"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde So I've been infected with a disease. IHTWOID I Have To Write Or I'll Die... more..

Writing