Fourth Fifths

Fourth Fifths

A Story by アキスーテ (Akisute)
"

Day four. So at wal-mart today I saw this kid buying nothing but cold medicine and party cups. This is what I think happened with him today, thus I can say this story is inspired by true events!

"
Anthony parked his car and turned to me.
"Alright here's twenty bucks."
"Man I don't wanna do this, I'll look so stupid."
"Look you lost roshambo so you buy."
"F**k." I pull up my sagging pants as I exit the car.
I walk towards the store with great caution looking in all directions. This is ridiculous.
I take off my sunglasses and put one of the arms into my side jean pocket as far to the side as it will go.
I turn to the left and begin to look for cold medicine. First there's toothpaste, then things like hernia cream, and Icy Hot. A few more rows down I find the pills. I grab some off brand Tylenol and a box of pseudoephedrine. I turn around and comb the store until I find some paper cups, then it's off to the register. I find the register near the door. Twenty items or less it says, I fall in that category.
Another soon falls in behind me. When they see my items I think I hear them trying to stifle some laughter as the lady behind the register gives me a quizzical look. She scans the packs of cups, one, two, three. Then she grabs the pseudo.
"Do you have an I.D.?" She asks me.
"No. I don't." I say.
She sets it off to the side and scans the other box. She tells me my total and I hand her my cash.
I walk off with an eery feeling that individual behind me will spend a mildly disturbing amount of time thinking about me in the near future.
I flick my sunglasses on as I exit and begin briskly walking, nearly jogging back to the car.
I slam the door.
"Go let's f*****g go." I say.
"You get everything?"
"I couldn't get the pseudo."
"F**k, why?"
"I dunno, probably because you can use it to make meth."
"Well I guess that's what we get for being in New Mexico." Anthony starts the car.
Once back at his place I drop the bag on his table. "Now you're sure your parents won't be back till Tuesday?"
"Absolutely positive." He replies.
"Okay, I...Okay."
"Hey my a*s is on the line too."
"Yeah I guess so. So like, are we gonna get anything more hardcore than f*****g cough medicine?"
"Yeah of course, I got a guy, a few guys actually. That s**t just happens to be my girlfriends favourite is all."
"Your girl is weird."
"Yeah well she's awesome in the sack so I don't complain about jack."
"You're an animal." My voice is monotone.
"F**k yeah I am."
He puts his phone to his face. "Yo Jimmy, ye-yea- yes Jimmy yes. Okay okay, look that stuff you got me last week how much for like, let me think, eight or nine times as much?... S**t. No no I can get it I can get it. Same place? No? Where? Okay, yeah I'll be there. Yes I have the cash, just gotta go to an ATM. It'll be fine, they won't track you. Jimmy, Jimmy, it'll be f****n' fine, okay? Alright calm the hell down. Okay see you in an hour." He turns to me and starts walking back out. "Let's go."
"You sure they won't track him?"
"Why the f**k would they." He locks the door.
"I dunno I me-"
"How the hell would they?"
"I mean they keep track of those bills."
"Yeah that won't lead them to him. It could potentially lead them to me, but that's fairly f****n' unlikely lucky for me." He shuts the car door.
"Okay, okay fine."
Sometime later we're sitting in a parking lot waiting on the man known as Jimmy.
"Man where the hell is this son of a b***h? He should've been here by now right?"
"George shut the f**k up. Okay shut the f**k up." Anthony turns to face me.
"Alright. Sorry you b*****d."
"He'll get here."
I run my hands through my mohawk as I repeat in my head the phrase "Oh my god."
"Look." He points to a man leaving the store. "That's Jimmy."
"Does he know where we are?"
"He'll find us."
Anthony is correct as Jimmy does soon find us. And we're soon driving away with an absurd amount of cocaine in the glove box.
"How many a******s are coming to this party?" I ask him.
"All the a******s. All the a******s."
Back at his house we drop off the coke before going on another fetch quest to get alcohol, then marijuana, and then just a tiny bit of crack because some over entitled a*****e who everybody inexplicably loves refuses to show up if there's no crack. This also means we get stuck buying the world's shittiest crack-pipe from this a*****e dealer.
We return to the house one last time and Anthony begins rubbing his hands in anticipation. I sit on his coach running my hands through my mohawk blatantly stressed out.
"You ready for this? Man I can't f*****g wait."
"I dunno, this is getting hectic. I think I might just go home."
"Yeah and do what?"
"I dunno, catch up on last week's Breaking Bad before the new one comes out."
"Oh yeah? You wanna know what happens?"
"Man shut the hell up."
"Walt [Spoiler content withheld.] and then [Spoiler content withheld.] and right before the episode ends he says [Spoiler content withheld.]" He spits this all out so quickly I barely have time to jump up.
"You f*****g son of a b***h!"
"Oh I'm sorry did you not see that episode yet?"
"F**k you! F**k you, you goddamn rat b*****d!"
"Why so angry?"
"Go f**k yourself Anthony, go f**k yourself!"
"Yeah well f**k you! Stop being such a b***h! Just enjoy the party!"
"Man f**k you! I'm going home! So you at school tomorrow."
"You walk out that f*****g door I'll tell everyone you're gay."
"Like I give a damn!"
I slam his door and I think I hear something crack as I do so.
I take a deep angry breath and start heading home.

© 2013 アキスーテ (Akisute)


Author's Note

アキスーテ (Akisute)
For the record I don't actually live in New Mexico but I love Breaking Bad, so yeah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: I don't bloody know, drugs lots of drugs

Author

アキスーテ (Akisute)
アキスーテ (Akisute)

DogBollock, USA



About
"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde So I've been infected with a disease. IHTWOID I Have To Write Or I'll Die... more..

Writing