Rowt: A Character Study

Rowt: A Character Study

A Story by akwinot
"

Being a predator of those that are weak is exactly what Rowt does, and he's proud of it.

"

The night was young and so many were out on the streets. Drunk, high, or acting just plain stupid in the streets of Aro, and they wondered why he went after others. They were so easy to find, so easy to hunt, so easy to catch them when they weren’t expecting it. And all he had to do was sit in the shadows and wait.

There came another: blonde, tall or maybe it was just the shoes she was wearing, her clothes were wrinkled, and she could barely walk straight. She was laughing, and he couldn’t see anything that was funny. She tripped over the nonexistent, cursing as she fell and caught herself on the concrete. She laughed again; it was a nice laugh, innocent and soft.

He moved away from the shadows, behind her as she wobbled on her toes and tried to stand. An arm slung around her shoulder, and a knife pressed against her skin. With one swift motion he leaned down and covered her mouth to muffle the scream, as well as pull her to her feet. Tears dripped on his fingers, and he smiled. She was whimpering, begging for mercy through his flesh. He didn’t bother replying.

Into the shadows they went together. No one saw what he had just done, and if they had. They hadn’t cared. This was Aro; people in the city were oblivious to what was happening on the streets. The media covered it up, the Mayor didn’t want the world to know that this city was scum, a wreck, and so far deep into its own mess that it couldn’t be helped.

He giggled as she cried harder, the knife pressed deeper into her skin until it bled. She was breathing hysterically; didn’t she know that it wouldn’t help? No one in the city was going to help her, and he didn’t care about her tears. He moved the knife from her throat, and wiped the trickling blood from her skin. Her muffled cries got louder; she was trying to make him feel sorry for her. Sorry for what he was doing.

It wasn’t working.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another body was found, another young woman with a slit throat, it was another one of his doings. He couldn’t be any prouder than when he heard about the murder of the woman on the news, Amanda Weiller, twenty-two. She had been the mother of a young boy, Christopher aged two, blonde hair and blue eyes just like his Mommy.

How touching.

He moved and reached for the remote, giggling as he turned the television up so he could hear more about this “horrific” crime. There was the Mother of Amanda, holding her grandson and crying into the microphone. She was begging for justice, begging for something to be done about this “vicious” man that was committing these crimes. This “heartless” man had to be put behind bars for his crime, so that this wouldn’t happen to anyone else.

It was the third woman this month, and the words were getting more and more complimentary towards him. The words that a normal person would be insulted by he was honored, amused that these people would still try and look for him. These women were obviously something that the world didn’t need, what young Mother would stagger home at two in the morning? What Mother would be out drunk without her young son? Or out drunk with her young son?

Imagine if she had been staggering along with a stroller, then he would have had two victims. Why was the hunt so easy? He didn’t understand, they practically came crawling towards him! Well, Miss, not Missus, Amanda Weiller had been on the ground when he caught his prey. She had been a lovely little thing.

But obviously not that lovely, when all of her flaws were pointed out on television, though they never mentioned that she was highly intoxicated when she had been stumbling around in Aro. No, they just mentioned that her throat was slit, and whoever had done it was a horrible, evil, sick person.

Let the compliments keep coming, please.

© 2011 akwinot


Author's Note

akwinot
I don't know what to write here anymore. Uh if you like this read Project Nocens c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's not bad, I like it, but it needs work. I can see something starting, but the flow is really hard to follow because of the grammar. Maybe you weren't worrying about it, but you should probably fix it because right now it's really hard to follow. I like this sick, twisted, character you introduced. He's different to be sure, but needs some development. Your style is unique and fantastic to say the least. Good job with this!
If you do make any changes let me know because i'd love to read it!



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

akwinot
akwinot

IN



About
Uhhh... I don't really know what to say. I'm seventeen I write a lot of fanfiction, and I'm trying to start working on my novel again. Derp. c: more..

Writing