May I Have A Moment Of Your Time

May I Have A Moment Of Your Time

A Poem by Dr. Alan Wohlman
"

An open letter to all members of WritersCafe

"
Ladies and Gentlemen, Writers, All members of WritersCafe,
I would appreciate just a few minutes of your time
I joined your organization 2 days ago with the hope of sharing my poetry with you and gaining the opportunity to read your work. WHAT A DISASTER! 
No sooner had I uploaded two poems than I received an unsolicited, scathing  critique from a member named J. Greenstein. It was pedantic, hostile and mean. Quite frankly, I'm fed up with mean people. We need generosity, kindness and courtesy.
I can only guess that Mr. J. Greenstein is advertising his skills as a critic, reviewer, or coach. If that is the case, I suggest Mr. Greenstein reexamine his approach. I'm grateful that I met Mr. J Greenstein on the internet for had we met in person I suspect it would have been a very unpleasant experience, indeed.
So, Mr. Greenstein, let me get the record straight. I am a retired biochemist with a PhD from Princeton University. I have authored over 35 patents and a great many scientific papers in the fields of medicine, chemistry and advanced cell biology. I have also taught in some of the best universities in the US. Next May I will be 86 years old. It is safe to guess that I am older than you, equally safe to guess that I am considerably smarter than you and absolutely safe to state that I am nicer than you.
Nice goes a long way in my world!
Mr. J. Greenstein, I strongly suggest you reevaluate your approach to be more welcoming, more agreeable, and less pretentious.

As for me, I'm going to finish my coffee and leave this "Cafe" in search of a more hospitable internet home.

© 2021 Dr. Alan Wohlman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant introduction to WC. I have never been reviewed by the person you mention, but I have read some of his critiques and assumed they were requested. Rest assured he is the only one I know of who engages in this type of behavior. I hope you will reconsider your decision to depart.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Dr. Alan Wohlman

2 Years Ago

Thanks for your comments. But, as Shakespeare so aptly put it "Something is rotten in the state of D.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on November 6, 2021
Last Updated on November 6, 2021