8 Reasons Why Bitter is Better!

8 Reasons Why Bitter is Better!

A Story by Albert Dcoza
"

Truth is bitter and of course it is better than any lie, but we won’t be talking about truth and lie here, as this write-up is all about bitter taste and not bitter truth!

"

Bitter taste is not the part of many palates due to the lack of taste buds supporting this unusual taste. People try to avoid including bitter delights in their meals because they don’t like it or they don’t know how beneficial the bitterness is for health.


Here are the 8 good reasons to have a bitter taste on your palate!

1.   1) Natural body cleanser


Bitter veggies and roots act as natural body cleansers. You can use them to detoxify your body effectively. They contain compounds based on sulfur, a natural detoxifier that works on the liver pathways for flushing out toxins. This is the reason why Indian and Chinese meals have traditionally included bitter foods in their diet.

Recommended food choices �" Bitter gourd, turmeric, fenugreek, bitter greens, green tea.

2 2) Fights untimely sugar cravings


Craving sugar all the time? Then bitter is for you! Our taste buds are meant for all tastes like sweet, salty, sour, astringent, pungent, and bitter. However, our diets are now revolving more around salty and sweet dishes as we are slowly forgetting other tastes. Ancient medical science Ayurveda recommends bitter to balance the taste buds. Regular consumption of bitter greens would activate <a href="google.com">taste buds, reduce food cravings, and control your sweet tooth to maintain</a> healthy weight.


Recommended food choices �" Barley, green tea.

3.   3) Aids digestion

Bile juice that plays significant role in digestion of food is produced more when you consume bitter food. Studies suggest that bitter foods stimulate liver to produce digestive juices to quicken the process of digestion. Bitter greens are also fiber rich and would flush out the toxins from your body.

Recommended food choices �" Bitter gourd, aloe vera, basil.

4.    4) Helps nutrient absorption

As stated above, bitter foods aid digestion. Proper digestion of food will further increase the nutrient absorption. Whatever food you eat, the benefit lies in absorbing the nutrients.

Even the healthiest food would not benefit unless all its components are absorbed fully. Fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K are absorbed more with bitter challenge offered to the liver.

Recommended food choices �" Lettuce, turmeric, leafy greens.

5.    5) Improved bowel movements

Bitter works as natural laxative. It eases constipation, eliminates digestive wastes effectively, and improves bowel movements. Next time when you feel bloated, experience lethargy, or find heaviness in your body, take a dose of bitter greens and remove water retention to find the active new you!


Recommended food choices �" Fenugreek seeds, bitter gourd, aloe vera.

6.      6) Say no to free radicals!

Bitterness is good for many things, but if you get all these health advantages in your favorite dark chocolate that is both bitter and palatable, then nothing like it! A piece of dark chocolate would fight out the free radicals from your body. This would reduce the chances of suffering from neurological disorders and even cancer.

Recommended food choices �" Dark chocolate.

7.       7) Youthful glow

Detoxification, cleansing of body, fighting free radicals, appropriate nutrient absorption, and proper bowel moment would get you the youthful glow that you always wanted. Bitter foods work as the anti-ageing formula that would revitalize your body both internally and externally.

Recommended food choices �" Basil, aloe vera, turmeric.

8.       8) Metabolism booster

Bitter foods regulate glucose levels in your body. The reduction in insulin spikes would result into controlled appetite and lowered fat storage. All these together would boost your metabolism and increase calorie burning to get you faster weight loss. One of the most effective bitter drink for boosting metabolism is green tea extract. Research suggests that a cup of green tea increases your metabolism by 4%.

Recommended food choices �" Green tea.

Your taste buds are meant for all tastes. All you need to do is develop the taste buds beyond sweet and savory to rip the maximum health benefits.

© 2018 Albert Dcoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on December 12, 2018
Last Updated on December 23, 2018
Tags: truth, lie

Author

Albert Dcoza
Albert Dcoza

Melbourne, Australia



About
An experienced, enthusiastic trending hacks addict  to help you add some sizzle to your daily life and give hacking diy tips. I am professionally blogger and writer in cleaning industry. more..