Sunsets

Sunsets

A Story by Albie Cabezas
"

Entry 1 Just thinking out loud.

"
Have you ever stopped to watch the sunset?
I found myself today getting into my car and just driving. I didn't know where I was going and didn't care, I was just driving. So many things were going through my head, I couldn't shut it off.
I was running. I was running from everything. Then some how I ended up, at the Griffith Observatory. There were so many people there. And I was alone. I wandered aimlessly through the building looking at everything there and at the same time ignoring it all.
As I walked outside I kept wandering through crowds of people, to different areas. I was looking for something but I didn't know what.
Then I stood still and look out to the city, so big and so small at the same time. While I stood there the sun began to set and these beautiful warm, vibrant colors covered everything. The sky, the city, me. It felt like I was being embraced, I didn't feel alone. I felt calm.
It was beautiful. Truly beautiful.
I know this is really "deep" for a first post. I don't even know if anyone will read this in all honesty. Maybe I'm just writing in a journal that no one will read or care for. Maybe I'm just writing to myself, that one day I can stumble back here and find this, memory, and smile at knowing of all the sunsets I've seen since then, all the beauty that I've witnessed, all the things I've found.
But just in case maybe just maybe there was someone out there watching the same sunset as me. Someone out there searching the same way I am.
I still have a long way to go and I can't stop. The good news is that I will always have sunsets.

© 2014 Albie Cabezas


Author's Note

Albie Cabezas
Ignore grammar problems, these are just thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am fond of sunsets. So this one really touched me.

I feel almost the exact same way when I see a sunset. I, too, am always watching the sun just set.

It is beautiful, very.

This was terrific. I loved it.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: Sunsets, journal

Author

Albie Cabezas
Albie Cabezas

CA



About
Just trying to find myself. more..