Crossed Paths

Crossed Paths

A Story by alduin
"

A legend calls curious young and old tourists to visit. Young adults go to explore the adventure, and one gets a surprise look see.

"

They were never the brightest kids.

Don't do it, the locals warned. The legends of the small, tourist town had caused them a lot of fame across the world. Of course, curious and being a kid, they all came to visit the place.

The most famous legend, was quite silly. It said if you were drunk at a certain spot and time, you'll see a monster. The type ranged from person to person, but the most popular one was a succubus or maybe a vampire, if you were lucky.

If it is real and you do see them, it apparently isn't supposed to end pretty. Once you saw them, you were to look away from them, not look at them in the eye, or to hide somewhere until they left. If the monster spotted you, it was to lunge towards you and to stop you from breathing.

No one has seen one, "yet," the locals would add before shaking their finger and warning them not to do it.

The four kids did it anyway.

It was winter, the snow freshly falling. The kids never being around snow, laughed as they threw snowballs at each other and made very, very poor snow angels. After the snow show had ended, they brought out the alcoholic drinks.

One bottle went to two, then three, and somehow ended to five, which eventually went to ten. They giggled loudly and obnoxiously. Making cruel jokes and some that didn't make any sense that made them roar with laughter. One of them in the group went to go walk to demonstrate a trick he thought he could do, only to trip himself and land face first into the snow.

There was one girl in the group. After one swig of her first beer made her grimace and just watched as her drunk friends attempted to run after each other and tried to make Bud Light slushies with the snow. Her ginger hair fell down her shoulders, her blue beanie on. Twenty-one freckles that were sprinkled on her nose and cheeks, she had counted them over and over and over again just to make sure when she was younger. The girl had a septum piercing, and dazzling forest green eyes that looked off into the distance.

"This slushie tastes like s**t." One of her friends spat out the substance in their mouth, putting the bottle in the chest that was brought for the empty bottles.

"You taste like s**t. This stuff's the bomb," another hiccuped.

"You're saying that because you're drunk," the third one piped in.

"I'm not drunk, you're drunk!" he yelled, jutting his neck forward so hard that he almost fell forward.

The sober girl sighed as the continued to bicker. The lit cigarette in between her index and middle finger. She licks her lips that were stained from the red lipstick she had applied before they drove out here. She sat in the back of the pickup truck as one of her legs dangled off the edge while the other was curled underneath her.

She shivered as the cold air wrapped itself around her petite body. The girl looked off into the distance once again before her eyes widened in horror at the sight she saw. With gray skin, ram horns, a tail that swayed back and fourth, and a sharp toothed smile stood a girl. Short, dark hair barely reached her shoulders in waves as golden eyes stared back at the human girl while she leaned against a tree.

The girl retracted her leg and scooted a bit back of the bed of the truck. She used the scarf wrapped around her neck to hide half of her face, unsure of how to exactly to react. Partly confused on only drunk people were supposed to see them--the monsters.

The monster's smile closes and turns more into a smirk. The girl is alerted on despite her inhuman appearance, she was alluring and strikingly beautiful. She swallowed back the lump in her throat and stared nervously. The monster waves at her before shoving her hands in her pockets and winking at the human girl. She squeaks at the succubus's actions and blood rushes to her face, her blush slowly turning into a darker shade of red each passing second.

The girl watches as the gray beauty giggles and covers her pointed teeth with her delicate hand. After, she drops it by her side before shrugging her shoulders and walking off into the darkness. The green eyed girl let out a little huff of breath in slight surprise at the sudden exit and in disappointment. 

"Yoooooooooo," her friend still sipping on the horrible made slushie greets, staggering over to here, "you o'ky? Ya' look like you've seen a ghost of somethin'," he yawns, losing his balance for a second.

"Not exactly a ghost," she mumbles. Her friend raises an eyebrow and makes a confused face before she sighs, "nevermind. Let's just get your drunk asses home." 

© 2014 alduin


Author's Note

alduin
i wrote some about some lesbians at like 12am a few weeks ago because my friend was down so i was like HERE HAVE SOME QUEER REPRESENTATION

so demon ladies??? i say yes. plus i didn't want to make the demon too human looking for some odd reason? i don't really know why myself. don't trust me past eleven o'clock at night tbh.

also, does anyone remember the game blood rayne? that game is the shit. they need to make a third one. someone make a petition.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014

Author

alduin
alduin

About
hey. please call me ace. i'm a young aspiring author who's dream is to published, and inspire others. i want someone to look at me and say "because of you, i didn't give up." more..

Writing
Pointless Pointless

A Poem by alduin