I'm Responsible for My Own Emotions (I Love You for A Reason and No Purpose)

I'm Responsible for My Own Emotions (I Love You for A Reason and No Purpose)

A Story by aldyna threesya

When the rain drops and soaks my printed assignment, I get mad. But I won't curse the rain. I let myself get mad.

When the wind blows and messes my hair, I feel disturbed. But I won't curse the wind. I let myself feel disturbed.

When the music pops up, I follow and sing the song. But I won't praise the music. I let myself sing.

When you came into my life, I didn't thank you. I let myself welcome you.

When I fell in love with you, you didn't make it. I let myself love.

When you made me happy, I let myself treasure you.

When you were far away and it made me miss you, I let myself trust you.

When you went distant and barely showed up, I let myself suffer.

When we fell apart and went separate ways, I didn't blame you. I let myself quit.

I was hypnotized by the grief, weeping and wishing we had never started the thing we were ending. I didn't blame you. I let myself cry and drown in tears.

For all the things I've been through, the past which wasted, the friends who left, I let myself get depressed. I let myself give up. I let myself harm. I let myself over think. I let myself be suicidal. I let myself die...inside.

But after all I let myself move. I let myself keep going. I let myself breathe and live. I let myself fight for the people I love. I let myself pursue my goals. I let myself smile and laugh. I let me be. I set me free.
My emotions are my responsibility. People are just triggers.

You don't make me feel. I make myself feel.
So please don't go away when I'm still in love with you, because it's not your responsibility, it's mine. You don't owe me your affection. You don't need to have mutual feelings. You don't need to love me back. I love you for a reason and no purpose. I love you because I let myself love, because I'm responsible for my own emotions.

© 2017 aldyna threesya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are talking about the stuff of life - what makes us human. Love that is returned is wonderful but there are no guarantees. I like the repetitive nature of your first section where you emphasise being in control but then the mood changes.
I think the difficulty with this theme is making something fresh out of it.
I think you've done well!
regards,
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


I think I share this so called friend history with you. Because I too felt all this thing at a certain point of time and I am glad you were able to move on. I hope thus piece helped you to release your emotions that you can no longer share with him

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aldyna threesya

6 Years Ago

Aw thank you. Yes, it has given me relief to write the unspoken. I'm glad that you could pass it too.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 7, 2017
Tags: love, relationship, life, broken heart, break up, move on, heart break, sadness

Author

aldyna threesya
aldyna threesya

Jakarta, Indonesia



About
an insignificance in this almighty cosmos~ I write occasionally, hopefully one day it can be done in a professional way. give me reviews, help me improve. thank you. ^^ more..

Writing