the crush

the crush

A Poem by alec merdin
"

just something i wrote bout a old love please feel free to review it.

"
    as our eyes meet my heart pounds
     yet you don't even know how you affect me so
      for you're with her 
       and your smile that once made my heart sing
        scourers it with pain 
         for you are not smiling for me but for her
          yet I cant hate someone who makes you feel as I once felt for you 
           so let this come to a end as I gather my broken heart            
            and continue on my journey 

© 2010 alec merdin


Author's Note

alec merdin
Please review this weather you liked it or not and tell em what you think so i can better my works in the future thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem is quite stellar in summarizing the feelings of many people who must move on from crushing on someone they know they cannot have. I have experienced this several times. Good job, one spelling mistake though. Third line: "your" should be "you're"

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmmm.... Crush has something to do bout pain and love. I felt the same way before,and hey hope u hv gotten over the CRUSH???lol.. This is nice, simple and easy to understand.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice! I've felt this once about a guy, I've liked a guy who wasn't mine...but I wished he was.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely done. So many people of all ages, nationalities, and gender can relate to this and the way you wrote it definitely allows people to connect more easily. It's simple and emotional. I also enjoyed the fact that you didn't capitalize the beginning of every line like most poetry. It adds to the poem in a way that I can't describe right now haha (probably because I'm overly sleep deprived).

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is quite stellar in summarizing the feelings of many people who must move on from crushing on someone they know they cannot have. I have experienced this several times. Good job, one spelling mistake though. Third line: "your" should be "you're"

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome - - -
I like the flow of this - and the story it tells.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2010
Last Updated on February 23, 2010

Author

alec merdin
alec merdin

OH



About
I will let my poetry speak for me. more..

Writing