Rusha

Rusha

A Story by aleena1805
"

She gets stood up on their first anniversary. She has no clue where he could be. Will she find out?

"

It was 8 o'clock. She was seething in anger. An hour had passed since she arrived and there was no sign of him. She was summing up what she would say once he showed up. ”Who the hell does he think he is!” she thought.

She left the restaurant at 9pm. He did not come, his cell was not reachable; she was in tears now. It was their first anniversary, he had missed it! She got into the nearest taxi, gave directions to the driver and then, she let the tears flow. All her dreams flashed in retrospect, so did her marriage, his face, their love, and their fights. How could he! Was she too sensitive? Was she overreacting? Did she get the restaurant wrong? The cacophony of her disruptive thoughts and the rumbling traffic confused her and the tears came haltingly now. As her vision cleared the cab came to a halt in front of the familiar house, the place they called Home. She stumbled out of the taxi angry, confused and hurt, paid the fare and walked towards the house. It looked just as it had when she had left: all lights were out and the door was locked. She unlocked the door and entered cautiously as if hoping him to jump out of the dark and wish her, but, that did not happen. It was 10 pm. He was never this late without notice. Her mind was starting to run wild, where the hell was he! Bile rose in her stomach contemplating the possibilities. Was he cheating on her? With whom? Probably the brunette she met the other day at his office lunch.  What if something had happened to him? Was he okay? She wanted to know if he was okay or not NOW! Was she going crazy? She was so far away from home! She wanted to call ma so badly, but, not so fast. She had to calm down. She called his cell once again, it was still not reachable. It was 11 pm. She had no time to waste anymore, she called his office. They said he left early to surprise her. They started to enquire, she disconnected the call. Then she called the few friends they had in this new city and they too knew nothing of his whereabouts. She sat down on the hard cold ground beside her phone, the fear palpable. She could feel the panic attack approaching as it slowly paralyzed her and then darkness engulfed her; with it came peace.

Where was she? Heaven? Hell? Her head was pounding, or was it the door? What door? Are there doors in heaven? Or hell?  It was all so confusing. She squeezed her eyes shut; the light was hurting her eyes. The pounding was getting louder. Then came the voices. “Rusha, are you okay?” A woman was shouting. “Open the damn door!” A man’s voice echoed. “What are you up to?” “Open the door” “Rushaaaaaa”.  Bang Bang Bang Bang! She got up; the image in the mirror startled her. She was in her night dress. “What the hell”, she thought. She was thinking hard now. How can this be? What? She collapsed. Her husband was gone. Who? Then it all cleared up.

She, Rusha, was never married. It was 12:20 am on the digital wall clock. The TV was still on, the crime scene still playing. “Damn serials!” she thought aloud and giggled to herself with a sigh of relief. She opened the door. Her father was panicking and her mother was trembling with anger; birthday cake in hand. It was her 18th birthday and she gave herself a heart attack over a dream. All was good; she smiled to herself and pacified her parents.

© 2014 aleena1805


Author's Note

aleena1805
I am just starting to write, do give your opinions. Thank you. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014
Tags: short story, thriller.

Author

aleena1805
aleena1805

Kolkata, North Kolkata, India



About
I am a bookaholic, always have been, always hope to be. I have just completed my masters in biotechnology and looking for a job. I am a simple but highly confused soul still getting to know myself. I .. more..

Writing
I am ME I am ME

A Poem by aleena1805


One shot One shot

A Poem by aleena1805