The Armor of God

The Armor of God

A Story by Alexa Louise Mendoza
"

"Put on all the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." - Ephesians 6:11

"
 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Submit to Him all your ways and He will make your paths straight.”  " Proverbs 3:5


Have you felt that you can’t resist temptation? Have you do the things which you know against your conscience? Well that is the common problem of being a human. We are so weak that even though we want to please God, we don’t have the power to resist temptations around us. Like what the Bible says, “The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak”.


We should always wear God’s armor so that we could stand firm against the strategies and tricks of the Devil. Always remember that there is no difference between a person who are so willing to disappoint God and follow evil ways to those who feel bad at disappointing God but still do the things that disappoint Him anyway.


The best way to fight evil is have FAITH and DO NOT encourage the ideas evil shows you, all the pleasures that he wants you to see. Instead, think of what God wants you to do and focus on its result. Always be willing to trade short term pleasures for long term gain. Keep in mind that the door of the evil is wide open but the door of Heaven is narrow. It takes a lot of sacrifice to follow God but you need to be patient. Don’t be trapped by the worldly things. Store your treasures up in heaven. Remember that all your sacrifices here are worth it! God bless.

© 2017 Alexa Louise Mendoza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww thank you very much Peace Keeper. I really appreciate your review. It means so much to me. Thank you because you have learned something from my work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


"It takes a lot of sacrifice to follow God but you need to be patient. Don't be trapped by the worldly things. Store your treasures up in heaven. Remember that all your sacrifices here are worth it!" Very true, I think this is my favorite part, but there are so many good points here. No matter what, we are all sinners, but what should make us different from those who want to follow evil is to long to follow God and what He has planned for us and to turn away from our evil desires. It's hard and it is like sacrificing our human desires in order to follow Him, but like you said in the end, it will all be worth it.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


Alexa Louise Mendoza

6 Years Ago

Aww thank you very much Peace Keeper. I really appreciate your review. It means so much to me. Thank.. read more
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

6 Years Ago

You're very welcome! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2017

Author

Alexa Louise Mendoza
Alexa Louise Mendoza

Canada



About
Hi I'm Lec! I love to write stories and "anything under the sun" topic. I love feature writing. I started writing when I was in high school. I hope you appreciate my work. I made most of it during hig.. more..

Writing