Important Things You need to Know About Letting Agents

Important Things You need to Know About Letting Agents

A Story by alexedward
"

It has been estimated that over half of all private tenancies in countries such as England are involving letting agents in some way or the other.

"
If you are staying in the UK, you will have to be very vigilant when you want to rent a flat, house or room. It is best to hire the services of a letting agent for all your rental needs in the UK. It has been estimated that over half of all private tenancies in countries such as England are involving letting agents in some way or the other. Letting agents would generally charge fees for the services they offer. You can hire a letting agent to carry out credit checks or you can hire them to prepare a tenancy agreement.   
   
When you are hiring letting agents in York, you will to first check out the charges. This is because there are some hidden charges that you may not be aware of. If you decide to get into an agreement with a letting agency, you will have to still understand the charges. In the UK, letting agents are private businesses and they majorly deal with rented properties such as flats, houses, and rooms in shared apartments. 

Landlords hire letting agents to find tenants and they may also ask them to collect rent on their behalf. When the letting agent searches for tenants and collects rents on behalf of the landlord, then the service is called fully managed services. Repairs and maintenance of the property is also taken care by the letting agents when they are offering fully managed services. There are many estate agents in York who are also offering fully managed services.

It does not matter who you choose for your rental purpose, but always makes sure that the person is reliable and experienced.  When you look at the fee structure, you will find that they generally charge only the tenants for their service. However, there are some agents who charge fees to the tenants as well.                       

In the UK, you will find letting agents who deal with only some properties and there are others who deal with many properties. Ideally, you will want a letting agent who has quite some time to look at your property. However, you have to be very careful when you are hiring such letting agents. Many estate agents in the UK are also offering similar services as that of the letting agents.

When you are searching for letting agents in heslington, you will find that most of these agents are concentrated in the high street. You will find their advertisements in the local newspapers or on property websites. So, finding a letting agent cannot be that difficult at all. Since most letting agents take care of the property in totality during fully managed services, you may start thinking that they are the owners of the property. A letting agent is not the owner of the property, but merely a facilitator who is paid a fee for the services offered.  
 
When the letting agent fully manages the property, then the tenant may not have any direct contact with the landlord. In such instances, the tenant may feel that the letting agent is the landlord. 

© 2014 alexedward


Author's Note

alexedward
We believe in maintaining the highest quality of service by following the guidelines set down by the Office of Fair Trading, National Association of Estate Agents and The Property Ombudsman for your peace of mind. Iglu Estate and Letting Agents provides its services in areas like letting agents in york, estate agents in york, letting agents in heslington and letting agents in heworth.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 7, 2014
Last Updated on May 7, 2014
Tags: letting, agents, york, estate, heslington, heworth

Author

alexedward
alexedward

birmingham, hall green, United Kingdom



About
Hey This is Alex Edward more..

Writing