Worst Fear

Worst Fear

A Story by Alex H

A sketchy looking man approached me as I sat at the cafe, drinking a green-berry tea. He took the seat across from me. His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared at me.

“You have no idea who I am, do you?” the man whispered.

I stared at him, trying to match his face with a name. Any name. He looked quite familiar, his name was on the tip of my tongue. The words were stuck in my mouth and I just could not seem to get them to leave my lips. The fact that I was unable to remember who he was deeply aggravated me.

“Who are you?” I asked, truly puzzled.

Through gritted teeth, he snarled, “I’m your worst fear. And I’ve come to end you.”

I chuckled at this, thinking it was some sort of joke. I was wrong. Very wrong.

“Watch your back,” the man said as he abruptly stood up and walked away.

I must admit, this encounter frightened me. It kept me up late at night. I replayed the conversation over and over in my mind, afraid that if I forgot his words, he would come for me. It seemed silly to be so scared by a conversation as simple as this.

Nearly a week later, I glimpsed the man once again. I was out, taking an evening stroll. Snow fell, landing peacefully of the earth. The moon was a smudge of silver in the night sky. As I walked, I completely forgot about the mysterious man’s words. I forgot to be aware.

I heard a loud, howl like sound come from behind me. I whipped around, alarmed. Nothing was there.

“Alana, the time has come,” a shrill voice shrieked.

Before I knew it, a shiny, silver blade plunged into my back. Blood poured from the wound. The man grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.

“I told you I would be the last face you’d see.”

Everything went black.

© 2017 Alex H


Author's Note

Alex H
Thanks for reading! What do you think of the wording and the plot? Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on December 10, 2017
Last Updated on December 10, 2017
Tags: mystery, thriller, fiction, man, sketchy, fear, worst

Author

Alex H
Alex H

Ames, IA