Speech Writing

Speech Writing

A Story by Alex Stephen
"

First realize that your audience is your guest and it’s your responsibility to engage them. So don’t waste their time and follow our tips to write an amazing impactful speech.

"
Motivational speech

Motivational speeches are made for the self-improvement of your audience; here bad life experiences are turned into positive ones to motivate or inspire the audience members.


A speaker can only motivate the audience if he/she is truly passionate about the topic. An example of a motivational speech for high school is to encourage students to take part in sports.


 Debate speech


Debate speeches in simple words are arguments with certain rules and regulations. They differ from persuasive speeches as the goal isn’t to get the other party to agree with your opinion; instead, you present arguments to justify yourself.


In a debate speech, both parties get the same amount of time to explain their issue and why they are right about a certain matter.


Taking part in debate speeches can build several skills such as leadership skills, time management, critical thinking, public speaking, initiative skills, also learning to remain calm under pressure.


  Entertaining speech


Entertaining speeches are short and informal and are there for entertainment purposes only. They are based on illustrations, humour and funny stories or incidents.


Ever heard a best man give a speech talking embarrassing moments of the groom? Then you have witnessed an entertaining speech where the sole purpose is to provide enjoyment to the crowd.


Now that you have understood the basic types of speeches and how they differ from one another you must have noticed the one thing that remained constant throughout --- the audience.


The key to writing an effective speech is to knowing your audience and delivering your message clearly and effectively.


Many famous speakers forget about the audience and just talk about themselves. They allow their speech to be guided by their personal needs instead of their readers.


© 2019 Alex Stephen


Author's Note

Alex Stephen

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on May 13, 2019
Last Updated on May 13, 2019

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing