A simple guide to help you write a lab report

A simple guide to help you write a lab report

A Story by Alex Stephen

Just like essay writing and research constitute a major part of academics, lab reports are also essential when we talk about laboratory courses and the analysis.

Do you know what the lab reports are?

A lab report is basically an analysis of a scientific process.

  • How did you carry out the procedure?

  • What methods were used in it?

  • What was the hypothesis?

  • What was the evidence to support your hypothesis?

  • How did you formulate the results?

  • What is the analysis of your experiment according to the hypothesis?

Hence, everything done during an experiment is discussed in your lab report. Lab reports are important when it comes to lab courses and they also contribute significantly to your final grades.

Sometimes you teachers help you by giving an outline for your lab report. When you enter high school, you have to do everything on your own.

Start your lab report with a title. It is not essential that every instructor would want a title page. But if you want to include the title page, it would be a single page with the following components mentioned.

  • The title of your experiment conducted.

  • Your name

  • Name of your lab partner (If there is one)

  • The name of your instructor

  • The date when the experiment was performed.

  • Submission date of your lab report

Describe the method you used in your experiment in a detailed way. Every step should be described in a detailed and sufficient manner.

Use bullet points while writing your method of experimentation. That would be easier to write in a detailed manner.

Your method should be written in a way that is easy for anyone else to replicate your method.

Make sure that the steps mentioned are in a chronological manner.

You can also use diagrams, graphs and flowcharts to describe the method you used in your experiment.


Interpret the data you have collected. Check if it agrees to your hypothesis or not?

Was your hypothesis accepted or not according to the results?

You can also discuss any additional details of your experiment or suggest different ways to improve it.


Don’t forget to add references. Include the names in your reference list if you are working on someone else’s work or reviewing their literature for your hypothesis.


© 2019 Alex Stephen


Author's Note

Alex Stephen

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 15, 2019
Last Updated on May 17, 2019

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5