Bedroom décor tips to have good sleep at night and feel energetic throughout the day

Bedroom décor tips to have good sleep at night and feel energetic throughout the day

A Story by Alex Stephen
"

If you want to ensure that you get quality sleep and remain energetic throughout the day, you need to bring about some changes. You have to design your bedroom such that it makes it easier for you.

"

It is not uncommon for people to feel drained and fatigued after waking up from sleep. This indicates that their sleeping quality was not adequate. A lot of people spend their nights tossing and turning in the bed till late hours. Such situations can hamper your work performance.


If you want to ensure that you get quality sleep and remain energetic throughout the day, you need to bring about some changes. You have to design your bedroom such that it makes it easier for you to fall into a deep slumber. 
You will be surprised at how effective measures like adding a salt lamp to the décor and simple artwork can do wonders for your sleep quality. 



A comfortable bed is a must.




This is something that a lot of people tend to neglect. If you wake up stiff and tired, there is a high chance that something is wrong with your bedding. Everything from your mattress to pillows and sheets warrants attention. Not all beddings are the same. They are designed to cater to different requirements. Therefore, you need to find something that suits you best.


Ensure that the sheets or blanket you use are breathable and do not retain excess moisture. It might be a good idea to keep two sets of sheets and comforters for your bed. This will ensure that you can swap the items whenever required without compromising on your sleep.

Take care of the bedroom temperature.



Many people complain that they often wake up in the middle of the night, feeling hot and stuffy. As expected, they remain tired throughout the next day. If you want to ensure that your energy levels during the day are not compromised, you have to maintain the right bedroom temperature. As per studies, 60 to 67 degrees is considered the ideal temperature for sleeping.

It wouldn't hurt to maintain humidity levels in the room as well. You can regulate the air in your room with the right appliances, like humidifiers.

Appropriately choose colors and simple artwork.




Keep in mind that the bedroom décor color is the last thing you see before drifting off. Therefore, it should be soothing for your nerves. Cool colors are ideal since they lower the stress level, thereby ensuring an interrupted sleep. You can get neutral shades or light colors light gray, green, or lavender for your room. It would make the bedroom environment pleasant.

If painting the walls is not possible, you can still make your bedroom décor soothing by incorporating pictures of serene scenes. These will calm your nerves and make it easier for you to fall asleep.


Use a Salt Lamp for the night light.




Proper lighting plays a crucial role in quality sleep. Humans are conditioned to feel sleepy in the dark. If you sleep in well-lit surroundings, your brain will become confused. Thus, you will find yourself tossing and turning restlessly throughout the night.

Salt lamps are most suited for a good night's sleep. The ambient lighting ensures that you are not exposed to excessive shining as you drift off. 

Take reminders of work away from the bedroom.




The importance of this step cannot be stressed enough.  Your brain needs to be relaxed, as you get ready for bed. If you are surrounded by reminders of work, it will prevent you from falling asleep. Therefore, take away anything that has to do with your work away from your bedroom. You can set up your work table elsewhere but not in the bedroom. The bedroom is only meant to be used for resting.

Indeed, it is advisable not even to have a television in your bedroom. Anything that distracts you or keeps your mind occupied should not be a part of your bedroom décor. 

Clear out clutter




Studies have proven that clutter leads to alleviation in stress and anxiety. Your bedroom needs to have a relaxing vibe. Therefore, ensure that it is clean and devoid of any clutters. If you have a lack of storage area, you can get sliding trays installed under the bed. Nightstands with drawers will also be a worthy investment. When you enter your bedroom, everything should be in place so that you are instantly put at ease. 

Have a quiet and relaxing atmosphere




Ensure that your bedroom does not have any distractions. The atmosphere should be tranquil and calming. Invest in some heavy curtains and insulated windows that block out noise and light from outside. Everything that is part of your bedroom décor should relax your mind. 

Maintain a pleasant and soothing fragrance




Soothing fragrances put your mind at ease and relax you. As per studies, lavender reduces skin temperature and heart rate and improves your mood. You will find yourself getting drowsy if the bedroom has a pleasant fragrance soon as you climb into bed. Therefore, invest in some soothing scents to have a relaxing sleeping environment.

Final words


Quality sleep influences your overall wellbeing and energy levels. Therefore, make sure that you take all the required measures to have a good night's sleep without any tossing and turning. You will be amazed at how fresh you feel the next morning.


© 2020 Alex Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pure, 100% horseshit. not one of the claims made by this spam has the smallest shred of truth. Not one. And any product that has to "advertise" by spamming a writer's venue with pretend stories starts out lying, and goes downhill from there.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2020
Last Updated on December 9, 2020
Tags: bedroom decor, home decor tips, good sleep, salt lamp

Author

Alex Stephen
Alex Stephen

Glen Cove, NY



About
Hi, my name is Alex Stephen. I am a professional writer and work with www.5staressays.com more..

Writing