why me?

why me?

A Story by Ali Jamshed
"

a girls who has her perfect life ripped apart in a matter of minutes is trying to hold on to that one small thread of her past.

"
“Robin, the boss wants to see you in his office” the girl said with a smirk on her face. Robin knew she was going to get fired today, she hadn’t been able to concentrate on work for the last two months. But she didn’t want to lose the job, it meant too much to her, especially after all she had been through. Everybody in the office talked bad about her behind her back. Nobody knew how much she had suffered.
“Why is this happening to me? Why me?” Tears started rolling down Robin’s cheeks as her mind rummaged through all the horrible memories of the past few weeks. The horrific events played in her head like a disturbing movie. The blood that was still fresh on the ground. The bullet shell that was sitting right next to her dead friend’s body. The face that was drained of all the blood as if it had never been there. A terrifying movie.
Two months ago, Robin’s life seemed perfect. Her two best friends Lilly, who was like a sister to her, and Marshal had just gotten engaged and Robin had gotten a job in her dream firm. With her qualifications she could have gotten a job anywhere she wanted, but she took this job. Why? Because the owner of the firm was her high school crush, Ted.
Ted used to be her senior in high school and was incredibly handsome. He had thick, dark wavy hair which always covered half of his forehead, his broad shoulders and muscular arms complimented his booming chest, and his perfect smile was something to die for. Robin had had a crush on Ted for as long as she could remember but was too chicken to actually go talk to him. When she found out Ted had started his own architecture firm, she decided that’s where she wanted to work once she graduated.
After Robins graduation life became something of a beautiful dream for her. She got the job she wanted, easily, and her two best friends Lilly and Marshal finally got engaged after five years of being in love. The night they got engaged was magical. It was a quiet night lit by the moon light, stars were shimmering brighter than usual, and there was a slight, warm breeze that blew the autumn leaves off the trees rustling onto the ground. Marshal was walking her back home when he proposed with his grandmother’s diamond ring that Lilly absolutely loved. Lilly didn’t even hesitate for a second before saying Yes. Everything was just perfect.
Three weeks later, Robin was asleep in her apartment when she got the call that ruined her life. Lilly had been shot dead by a robber and marshal had gone crazy. Marshall and Lilly were taking their late night romantic walk in the street when a robber had stopped them. He asked them to give him all their money and Marshal did, but the wretched dog got his greedy eyes on the beautiful engagement ring on Lilly’s finger. He asked Marshall for the ring but he refused, he said it meant a lot to them and so that was one thing he wouldn’t be willing to give. The robber got furious and tried to snatch the ring off of Lilly’s finger. Marshall started fighting the robber and in the tussle the robber shot Lilly in the neck. She died right there. Marshall couldn’t recover from the shock and went crazy. He was taken away to a mental asylum and the doctors said there was very little chance that he’d recover.
Robin had tried to act normal, she had put up a brave face but she was shattered from the inside. Her entire life had been torn apart right in front of her eyes. The only two people that were close to her were taken away. She had nothing anymore. Nothing except this job, and she did not want it to be taken away from her too. As she got off her seat to go to Ted’s office, she started thinking of what to say, how she’d explain herself for the last two months of poor performance. She decided no matter what happened, she wouldn’t let Ted fire her.
She started blurting out the speech, she had prepared in her mind, as soon as she opened the door but stopped mid-way when she saw petals falling from the ceiling. There was a carpet of rose petals where she was standing which she hadn’t noticed before. Petals were still falling from above and Ted was standing on one knee with his right arm outstretched. In his hand he held the most beautiful diamond ring she had ever seen. Ted started talking “A week before Lilly’s death she told me everything about how you loved me, and I told her I loved you as well but I never thought you’d like me back. I was going to propose to you but then Lilly died and I couldn’t. Robin I can’t bear seeing you this way. I liked when you were happy, full of life and I want to keep you happy for as long as I can. Robin will you marry me”.
Robin couldn’t stop the tears anymore running down her chin. She could never have thought of this even in her wildest dreams. She looked back and the entire office was standing there. Some were nodding, some were making faces out of jealousy. Robin turned back and nodded with tears still in her eyes. She put her trembling hand forward and Ted slipped the ring on her finger. Ted got up and hugged her tightly and she hugged him back. Robin closed her eyes and slowly whispered under her breath “thankyou Lilly”.

© 2016 Ali Jamshed


Author's Note

Ali Jamshed
its my first story...please be kind.......and if you want me to write more please do tell....because i have a great horror story in my mind

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on May 14, 2016
Last Updated on May 14, 2016
Tags: love, tragedy, horrific

Author

Ali Jamshed
Ali Jamshed

Islamabad, Islam, Pakistan



About
I'm from Islamabad, Pakistan. I'm doing my bachelors in computer sciences. i obviously love reading. my favourite childhood writer has to be R.L.Stine....love his work. I love bikes....more than i lov.. more..