In Vitro Fertilization Clinics: Is It Time to Make the Call?

In Vitro Fertilization Clinics: Is It Time to Make the Call?

A Story by Veronica Watson
"

If you are having trouble conceiving, you are not alone. While it may feel as if you are surrounded by people that can get pregnant as quickly as they want

"

If you are having trouble conceiving, you are not alone. While it may feel as if you are surrounded by people that can get pregnant as quickly as they want, the fact is that an increasing number of people are experiencing fertility problems and seeking the help of infertility doctors and in vitro fertilization clinics.

When is the right Time to Seek the Help of In Vitro Fertilization Clinics?
The decision to seek the help of in vitro fertilization clinics is a very personal one. While there is no “right” time to seek help, in fertility, timing is a very crucial part of getting pregnant. Anyone who has been actively trying to get pregnant for some time without results knows the anxiousness that is associated with whether or not to seek help. There are many factors that may help in the decision of whether the time is right to seek medical intervention and investigate IVF resources.

Recommendations from the American Association of Reproductive Medicine
According to the American Association of Reproductive Medicine, if pregnancy has not achieved after one year of actively trying to conceive, they should seek professional help getting pregnant. However, if the woman is above the age of 35, the recommended wait time is much shorter. In this case, it’s recommended that she seek help getting pregnant after just six months of unprotected sex.

Making the Decision to Seek help
In addition to age, any numbers may play a role in when a person or couple seeks the help of an in vitro fertilization clinic. One factor may be the recommendation of the clinic, which varies according to the clinic’s treatment philosophy. Another factor may be having family members that have experienced fertility problems which might encourage a person to seek help sooner rather than later. Different levels of comfort with medical intervention may also play a role.

Preliminary Evaluations
Even if you are not ready to seek the help of in vitro fertilization clinics, it may be worthwhile to get some preliminary evaluations done to help guide future decisions. Doing this may allow you to plan your finances accordingly, knowing that there is a fertility issue that must be overcome. Preliminary evaluations can also help rule out conditions, or alert you to a problem that is best corrected early. Fertility problems may also be a symptom of an underlying medical issue that should be resolved.

Although the decision to seek help is very personal, gaining wisdom from others who have experienced infertility can be very helpful in deciding when to seek the help of fertility doctors.


© 2019 Veronica Watson


Author's Note

Veronica Watson
About the Author

Dr. Kedar Ganla founded Ankoor IVF centre in Mumbai is one of the best IVF doctor in Mumbai.He consults patients with various infertility problems, goes to the core of the problem and advises accordingly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First, a few nits. I'm not a Prescriptivist, but the following parts of your article irked me personally.

Paragraph 1: I prefer the phrasing "people who can get pregnant" to your phasing, "people that can get pregnant." "That" is typically used to refer to inanimate objects rather than people. (Some writers use "that" to refer to animals as well, while other writers use "who" in solidarity with nonhuman life. That's more of a political choice than a grammar choice.)

Paragraph 3: My preferred construction would be "if pregnancy has not been achieived" rather than your "if pregnancy has not achieved." That's based on a person trying to get pregnant rather than pregnancy trying to do something entirely on its own. The sentence also has a dangling participle, because it's not clear to what "they" in the second clause refers.

Also paragraph 3: Starting a sentence with "However" personally irritates me. I'd have phrased it like this: "If the woman is above the age of 35, however, then the recommendation...."

Paragraph 4: "any numbers" is unclear. I assume you mean "any number of factors." The word "numbers" by itself makes it sound like abstract numbers--2, 99, negative 350, and such--are being referred to.

Paragraph 5: I think you need an adjective to go with "conditions." The word by itself is too vague.

Now, for some substantive comments.

I can understand people's desire to have children, especially under cultural pressure to do so. Yet the latest statistics suggest that 56 million people worldwide die each year, which means that a stable world population requires only 56 births per year. If, as a rough rule of thumb, we say that women have a reproductive window of 20 years, and about half of the world's people are women, then only 40% of the world's women need have even one baby in order sustain a replacement level birth rate. Under conditions under which global population growth promotes indigence, substandard living conditions, unemployment/underemployment, war, famine, and other negatives, I think that encouraging people to have even more babies is irresponsible. Obsolete cultural pressure to have a baby needs to be eradicated, so that every woman can choose for herself instead of the choice being imposed upon her by those who control her life.

Thanks for reading.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 30, 2019
Last Updated on July 30, 2019
Tags: ivf

Author

Veronica Watson
Veronica Watson

Maharashtra, India