A Child's Voice

A Child's Voice

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

When did you first realize innocence was upon your ear?

"


Did you hear the child's voice?
Did you hear it?
Twinkling up and down
The avenue of ears.
When did you first hear it?
Was it like a summer breeze
Filled with plenty of cool air?
When did you hear the child's
Voice fall upon your ear?
Did you stop in it's moment?
Did you hear the word's clear?
When will you find your very own
Child's voice and ear?

© 2014 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Jeccka! For never being married it is somewhat strange. However, I cared for sick children as a nurse. I always had mom stand next to me and tell the child he's okay.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love children and I love the way you write so positively about them. There is a soft and kind child behind all the energy and excitement in those young bodies - all it takes is someone to listen and pay attention. Children are our best teachers. I especially like the line, "Did you stop in its moment?", in makes their voices precious. I also like the last two, "When will you find your very own / Child's voice and ear?" it calls out to the inner child in everyone, a place not everyone chooses to explore in their adult selves. Lovely! Great piece!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hi Rita, thanks for your kindness. Yes, Green Lane is nearby. If there is no traffic I can make center city in an hour. Take care!

Posted 9 Years Ago


A different attitude than the folks who say, "can't you keep that kid quiet". I suspect these people have not listened to their own inner child in a long time... A wonderfully positive piece, Alfred! (Greetings from Philly; I see that you are in my neck of the woods!)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2014
Last Updated on July 14, 2014
Tags: Child, voice, ears, first, hear

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing