Real Joy

Real Joy

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

Meeting your soul in a content happy life.

"
On return to the blanket of joy,
He wrapped himself in himself
Certain that the joy was real.

© 2014 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Diego! You are the heaven sent critique man.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I liked this piece very much. It is rare for a poem so sparse, to speak to you on so many different levels. Even the last verse, that hints to a little self delusion does not take away from the over arching theme that the first verses thrust it into. Happiness is relative. We all look for our own ways to get there, even if it is partly illusionary it doesn't matter. The heart doesn't care about the source.

Thank you for sharing AK.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a fantastic reminder that in order to be content with anything, we must first find it within ourselves...

After my divorce I was told that I would find love only after I learned to love to be alone. Once I got use to being by myself and enjoying spending time alone... lo and behold... there she was :)



Posted 9 Years Ago


I have to say thank you again not only for these critiques but the encouragement, kind words and inspiration I have found in all of you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


love this....few words to describe the ultimate utopia....contentment with oneself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was so beautiful. It speaks of true acceptation, relativation, and inner strength.
Enjoyed this little verse of yours Alfred. Real joy indeed, when one "can enjoy this".

- Elisa

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014
Tags: blanket, joy, wrapped, himself

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Frozen Frozen

A Poem by Pryde Foltz


Taken Taken

A Poem by Belle