My Own Silence Paints

My Own Silence Paints

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

Talk about anxiety

"

My silence escapes me and paints a field so dim. 

Hear your fears on the canvass, see an overcoming darkness,

I'm living in a hole which fear has summoned to draw.

Worried futures abound, inability to move surrounds my horn,

I'm caught in my own silence, the worry painting a storm!

© 2014 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks so much. I was struggling with post op knee replacement. Ah! The hard work and no improvement drove me crazy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This faintly reminds me of a panic attack. The imagery is strong and with just a stanza you managed to convey so much. Beautifully written, right from the first word to the last exclamation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I struggled with anxiety when I lost my grandmother and sister within 4 months of each other. I didn't think I was going to make it. I sat on the plane coming home, and put the lap tray down in front of me. I pulled my wallet from my purse, and literally dumped everything out of it...just to help me focus on something! My fears overwhelmed me, but I got help, and here I am to talk about it.

You are so wonderful, Alfred. You are a kind and compassionate soul. Is it any wonder why Jackson & Honey are so lucky to have you?

I'm sending you hugs and warm wishes...take care of yourself, my friend. We have all the joy of the holidays coming, to share!

Kelly
xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


You folks are to good to me. Thank you all for those words of encouragement. Do I love this site and all the people here. Cyber Heaven!

Posted 9 Years Ago


i agree with Frieda about the painting outside the lines...but i agree, we paint our fears an inch thick and then become a silent canvass of worry...
there is always a storm coming...and we just are too anxious to say one word...
and i am not sure things are ever going to get better...it just may get darker.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You'll give yourself a coronary painting those hues....I love how you painted outside the lines so dark and boldly here....

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like the idea of worries painting storms. Brilliant and powerful...Bravo, sir...:)............

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014
Tags: worry, storm, silence, fears, hole

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fall Fashion Fall Fashion

A Poem by Jack...


THE TANGO THE TANGO

A Poem by ANTO