Lesson in Muck

Lesson in Muck

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

a fool awakens

"
Lesson in Muck
Excited, boy young eyes
sifting the eternal Ontario into a breeze
Rain pelts like a steady freeze
Feet and paws find Earth's muck
among our steps and lurking near
edges of a bluffs great peace
Soaked, withered, dirt in our loins
Three souls survive the foolishness of one.

© 2015 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lady & Gentlemen!

How sweet to see you returning to these wonderful roots of the WC. We are blessed to have you. Thanks!

Regards,
Al

Posted 8 Years Ago


Life: there is madness in its method, and method in its madness. It is essential for all of us to lose our head every once in a while, to live like children again....:))
I can't praise your poems enough, Al. :)) All of them are so incredible!

Posted 8 Years Ago


There are indeed lessons learned in Muck. Foolishness turned into wisdom as we grow. The more or faster we learn the more our visions become expanded...Excellent, good sir...:)...............

Posted 8 Years Ago


Could have been from my own childhood with all the foolish things my friends and I did... there are, indeed, lessons in muck, Al, and you have penned a beautiful reminder to all that should we make mistakes we should try and learn from them... love the imagery and voice in this piece, calm and absorbing...

Posted 8 Years Ago


kids survive somehow, and looking back we might wonder at some of the crazy chances and dares we took, but lived to tell about the foolishness...

i really like the line "lurking near the edges of a bluff's great peace"

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
5 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015
Tags: boy, eyes, foolishness, bluffs

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing