There You Were

There You Were

A Poem by Alfred Kukitz
"

a fool within

"

There You Were

There you were
A billion light years doing the same ordinary damn thing.
Once DNA came along you moved like a bullitt.
Finally, genius, war, killing, poetry, beauty
You found all in a sky of clouds
littered among ruins, ancient vestibules, ark of the covenant
Then God decided to show up.

Pray for me please!
He answers!

2,000 years later among war, killing, beauty, genius, poetry
We listened outside ourselves
Group think became the motto of organization
When the axe of reality fell
One by one individual thought began to gel.

© 2016 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank Pryde,

In some sense group think helped and hurt humanity.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Waking up to a nightmare one has made herself. Clever scribing, Al:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hello KL,

I like random as a reality. Pattern tends to make our minds sleepy while awake. God, creation is everywhere you just have to see it. Dogma drives spirituality into a grave because of interpretation by many different minds.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


So true Amy! Once I knew my own ignorance and its ownership I began to read and fill myself with other people's ignorance and wisdom.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well said Jacob. Yes and no on the ordinary but never at the expense of others in my bible. Extrodinary can lift people up.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


and we just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over...fools on the hill, see the world spinning round and ending up in the same place..we are ordinary....maybe that is not always so bad...

if being extraordinary is at the expense of others.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Human beings are slow to evolve, stubbornly unenlightened. But there is a crack somewhere, letting the light in. Once begun, it may be sow but it is unstoppable.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is very intriguing. Not sure if you are saying we are pulling away from religion? I think that is a wish, but somewhat of an unreality of the human condition. We are driven to find meaning in the random, so much so that even Atheism becomes a religion. The best we can hope for, I think, is that humans toss off the shackles and embrace humanity as a whole with all its lumps and bumps. Sorry, I lost myself in the moment, which usually means it is a very inspiring poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016
Tags: Billion, light, years, DNA, God

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing