The Pain

The Pain

A Story by Alfred Kukitz
"

Ouch,

"

The Pain

He felt pain as though it was a soul within himself. A long stare into oblivion accompanied his daily routine. Here the pain seemed to embrace him, bear hugging his huge body as though he was a pretzel stick, cajoling his senses to accept history's final chapter. There were rotund visitors, ghostly like a prism in a jail cell, spooking his pain with jibes about his own foolishness. Tears came and went traveling along a long gun barrel. The shots fired always missed him.
Solace visited him during a gaze upon a dew filled leaf. He looked for those moments but that I was the irony. He knew they would come to him but the anxiousness caused him to cast his eyes upon anything that resembled solace. He always failed. Thus he waited.
The pain rose on a early morning sunrise, his soul slightly buckled, he mumbled, "f**k you", as the morning met his eyes. There was a women now, Joanie, the honesty in the timbre of her voice caused a relaxation inside him. He followed her voice like a lost seafarer sinking into each syllable, rocking in the trough of her sea like voice,
trembling in the honesty of conversation, the fear of losing her, change. Home seemed close, so close, he could smell the kettle brewing some delicious vittles. The taste of it caused him to swoon in her arms. Was home near?



© 2017 Alfred Kukitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Barleygirl!

Always glad to help where it's needed. Love you sugar!

Regards,
Al

Posted 6 Years Ago


WOW! This gives me many good ideas about how to write about something as common as PAIN, but making it sound original & surprising. I've lived with lots of pain & sometimes it just seems so boring to try to say how it feels to be in this painful body. I'll never write whimsical like you do, but at least I like to get some ideas thru osmosis as I read you! *wink! wink!* Your point of view is always refreshing & startling! (((HUGS)))

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thanks Jacob!

regards,
al...................................

Posted 6 Years Ago


i imagine from the pain we find our home..the subject here, found his---and he was saved.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2017
Last Updated on May 21, 2017
Tags: Pain, oblivion, solace, Joan

Author

Alfred Kukitz
Alfred Kukitz

Deering, NH



About
Yes, I'm still here. Just jazzing up my about me story. Sorry I don't die at the end. more..

Writing