Unfinished

Unfinished

A Story by Allison Terranova
"

I just started writing this and I didn't finish it yet but I hope to get back to it soon.

"

            Outside of a frosted window, snow floated towards the ground in a fashion almost as beautiful as the way she danced across the living room floor every morning. She was a morning person. She made me a morning person.

Before her daily routine of lining her eyes and painting her lips, I would tell her how beautiful she is. She didn’t need those extra steps but it made her happy. I watched her precision: mouth ajar, breath steady, eyebrows raised.

            “What are you looking at, you weirdo?”

            “Nothing,” I laughed. I love her.

 

            New York City was unusually cold for early December. But she loved the cold weather. She wrapped her scarf around her neck twice, as usual. We went on a walk around the city to try to find new cafés or restaurants to try out.  I could eat the same three things for the rest of my life but she has been on a real health kick lately. Green juice has become her go to drink of choice, other than water, of course. I’ve told her countless times how beautiful her body is. I wish she could see it for herself. The squeal she made when she spotted a puppy brought me back to reality.

            “Oh my god, Michael, isn’t that the cutest puppy ever?”

            “Sure is.”

            “I wish our lease allowed dogs in our apartment. That’s the only thing I don’t like about our apartment.”

            “Don’t worry, one day we will have our own place and then we can get a dog.”

            She chuckled, “Yeah, one day.”

 

© 2015 Allison Terranova


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015
Tags: love, new york city, romance