My Writing, My Baby

My Writing, My Baby

A Story by E.A. Rubin
"

This is an analysis of what happened when strangers read what I wrote after it was published on a major news feed.

"
One of the places where I contribute articles seemed to be encouraging me  to accept an assignment.  There was an application to receive the assignment, the assignment, and then a second version of the assignment which seemed identical to the first.  I wanted to write the article, but I did not really for sure want to publish a picture with it.  However, the assignment required such.
First, I submitted the application to write the article.  Second, I responded to the first assignment given to me, and ignored the identical one.  I was careful not to be "ranting" or "angry," because the instructions specified my article would not be rejected if I wrote in such a fashion.   For some reason, the first person point of view is very easy for me, and that's what the editor wanted.  My submitted article remained on my "dashboard" for days.  I went on to create something entirely from my own brain matter.  I guess you could say I put the assigned article on the back burner. 
When I last came home from my shift at work, I saw that my article had been published.  This was one of the first times something was published without a second approval from me.  Anyway, I was not being paid and upfront fee for this one, and it was published in a slightly different venue than my past stories.  My dashboard still says there have been no page views.  However, when I go to the link, the number of comments keep increasing.  The last time I checked, the comments had risen to 99.  Also, I was amazed how much ranting and raving was present in the comments of my tranquil little feature article.  
The main message I am trying to convey is that when I read the comments I felt hurt and angry.  I saw that some people had such narrow viewpoints that my words were not truly read or heard.  I will certainly consider this when future assignments are given to me.  

© 2013 E.A. Rubin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2013

Author

E.A. Rubin
E.A. Rubin

Cheyenne, WY



About
In my lifetime, I have probably written more words than I ever spoke aloud. Over the last few months, I took a hiatus in publishing what I've written, except my posts on social networks. In my spare.. more..

Writing