Contemplations of a 21-Year Old Woman, First Subject: "Life"

Contemplations of a 21-Year Old Woman, First Subject: "Life"

A Poem by Spirit
"

These were written to express my views on how we made life so damn corrupt and complicated. Please allow simplicity to reign once more!

"
Let us be still.
Let us feel whatever the universe intends us to feel.
Carry us back to our roots...
...and by that I don't mean back to where we were born or where we learned about life.
Take me back to origination, for I want to un-learn.
What an intelligently idiotic bunch of self-righteous, self- proclaimed and over privileged beings we are.
A whole group of people who have nothing more productive to do with their time than to demean others for miniscule, image based, whether mental or physical, factors.
People whose biggest problems are "Why the f**k isn't my last technologies working fast enough?!" or "Oh... someone said this and now we're all offended and now I need everyone in the world to know that they're wrong and we're right."
These people, with so much good, so many natural born privileges, some so great, but so small, that we often fail to appreciate and give thanks for their significance in allowing us to be.
We forget that, don't we?
We forget how lucky we are.
We forget how lucky that any of this even exists.
It's just one perfect accident.
The orbiting planet was just in the right spot, at the right time, allowing it to create and shape the first elements of life. It's just too lucky.
We're often too busy to think of these facts.
I mean how often do you stop to think just about how your body itself works?
Systems upon systems working together to sustain life.
Or how many times have you thought about how we're nothing more than a spec of dust, on a spec of dust, in the infinite universe?
It's just incredible to think!
We take for granted this intricate patchwork that makes up our being.
We let trivial things overcome and drive our lives causing us to no longer see these beautiful complexities. 
We take for granted so much.
Us... we are so smart, we are blind to our own stupidity,
And still we follow one another,
Cause no one knows, not one single person, what the hell we are really doing.
There is no right... no wrong...
Just a collection of billions of different interpretations,
A vast library of histories that paint what we know as reality.
Oh... this is how people have survived.
This is just how things are.
This is the path, the tools, to achieve "happiness".
Says who?
For I want to know.
I believe that this entity we have come to know as "life", is just one huge sham.
Some days it feels as though no part of this worlds' innocence even has a pulse lingering at all.
Take me back... take my soul back to be renewed.
Let the light of the sun course through my veins,
The fresh air fill my lungs,
Allow my very being connect to the planet in the deepest and most intimate of ways.
We are all children of the universe.... and that umbilical cord should never be severed.
And you see... that is our problem.
With all of our brilliance, our advancements, our achievements... with each one we are carried father away from home... farther from simplicity.
With all of these distractions we fall even more out of sight from one of the most important "women", Mother Nature and her unconditional love.
Which is purely unconditional.
For we take and take and take and she just gives... she gives everything to support us. 
To see us flourish like fields upon fields of the flowers she makes bloom.
We're selfish.
So I beg you, take me back to before all the guidelines, the rules, the complications,
Back to a time where all you knew were the fields of color and beauty,
The forests and streams which sustain,
The vast lengths of water that stretch farther than the imagination,
And stars in the night skies which brings light to a darkened world.
That's all I want.
I want to learn for my own what is really and truly important.
I want to be far away from all that everything has turned out to be.
Far from the hatred...
The heartache...
The questioning...
The lying...
The corruption...
The agendas...
The numbness.
Where did we lose our sight?
When did beauty, content, and peace become not enough?
When did we develop this insatiable and unquenchable thirst for more?
When did we develop these priorities which dictate life now?
Everything is just so fucked up and it's our own damn fault.
We gotta have more...
More, more, more, more, more...
Gotta be more...
Gotta do more...
Gotta be better, faster, strong, sexier, richer, funnier, smarter...
Gotta be polite...
Gotta follow tradition...
Gotta conform to society's precious mold...
Gotta fit in.
It's way to much pressure!
Then there's this long burning, completely unnecessary, and continually fueled hatred and cruelty which runs freely and rampantly throughout the lands.
"Oh! They did this!"
"Their ancestors did that!"
We scrutinize, judge, and demoralize each other for our differences.
Our image...
Our beliefs...
Our way of life...
Now we can't even fully enjoy this blessing of life because of fear, judgement, and expectations.
And then we act all surprised when people go so crazy that they can't take it anymore...
WE BREAK OUR PEOPLE DOWN.
It's too much, and if things don't change, and they won't, we will be the cause of our own demise.
So please, just stop and think.
Just for a moment.
What is really important?
Is it the material possessions?
The money?
The education?
The image?
Or can things really be as simple as designed in the master plan?
Is it the love?
The peace?
The nature?
The gratitude?
...and I believe it is. For at the end of the day. For at the end of your life. What is most important? Happiness.
Happiness.
So silence your mind, for the world is calling you home, where you need be nothing more than the being you were created to be.

© 2016 Spirit


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your words capture many things that I've thought about. They speak of the human condition and the complex and simple courses that are out there. The last four lines give me pause and reflection. I question... what is happiness... how is it defined? by me... by others... by the masses... Each source has it's own rendition and chiseled script for what it is and how it comes about. It's that unique variation in the living that causes the problems... but it also makes the world beautifully diverse.

For me... happiness a goal... the pieces are security, stability, integrity, open-mindedness, calm adventure, music and patience and perhaps a furry cat to sit on my shoulder.

Thanks for sharing your ink!
Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spirit

8 Years Ago

Thank you for listening to my thoughts! It's really appreciated!

And definitely happi.. read more



Reviews

Your words capture many things that I've thought about. They speak of the human condition and the complex and simple courses that are out there. The last four lines give me pause and reflection. I question... what is happiness... how is it defined? by me... by others... by the masses... Each source has it's own rendition and chiseled script for what it is and how it comes about. It's that unique variation in the living that causes the problems... but it also makes the world beautifully diverse.

For me... happiness a goal... the pieces are security, stability, integrity, open-mindedness, calm adventure, music and patience and perhaps a furry cat to sit on my shoulder.

Thanks for sharing your ink!
Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spirit

8 Years Ago

Thank you for listening to my thoughts! It's really appreciated!

And definitely happi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 19, 2016
Last Updated on January 20, 2016
Tags: Life, World, Society, Fitting In, Roots, Home, Ideas, Happiness

Author

Spirit
Spirit

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by Spirit


The Poison The Poison

A Poem by Spirit