Look on the Bright Side it Can't get any Worse.

Look on the Bright Side it Can't get any Worse.

A Poem by aLonelyPoet
"

struggling with anything and everything

"
"Look on the bright side, it can't get any worse." Those words mean nothing anymore because despite how many times I repeat that to myself it did get worse. Yes, there were good days but they were short breaks from the harsh reality. But hey, it could be worse. Yes it could be worse I could have lost the only person I saw myself with the rest of my life. Oh wait, that has already happened. It could be worse I could be a horrible addict. Oh wait... The truth is it could be worse, but why think about how bad it could be? YOu don't see the world as I see it. I see through the disguises. Don't sugar coat it, being alone is horrible. But if you ask me "do you enjoy being alone?" I'm going to say yes, because despite how much I hate being trapped with myself I'd rather time thinking of ways to fling my emotions onto a piece of paper, than have to deal with people who fake friendships. I'd rather use poetry to pour out my emotions so I can go back to being numb. "BUt hey it could be worse" I could have ran out of medication and let reality melt through my medicated haze and whisper to me how lonely I am even in a crowd. Reality whispered to me showing how those I thought where my friends just felt sorry for me. Reality showed me to be a shut in is a privilege. No I'm not being selfish I'm trying to protect myself. From who? Everything. People who use me to get things. Yeah I'm speaking to you. You used me to buy things so I got the punishment for buying them. Those who helped feed my personal hell. Those who showed me that a "harmless" drug would shield me from the harsh reality. Silly me. They didn't mention how eventually the high becomes 30 seconds of flying before plummeting to your doom. They didn't tell me I would crave it more than my need to be held. They didn't tell me I'd lose everything I once loved. Left with only one parent who actually shows how much they care, Thanks Dad. I know you won't read this and I've tried begging mom to let me come visit you, but she says you're the reason I'm this way. She says because you're in prison and far away I have to call a stranger Dad. I would never betray you and the day you get out I will be here, waiting for someone who will wrap me in a hug and mean it. I am here. I won't leave. And Dad, look on the bright side, things probably will won't get worse. 

© 2016 aLonelyPoet


Author's Note

aLonelyPoet
it's for a contest. I don't even know what I'm doing. Also I need my own genre because this isn't poetry but its nothing else. It's more like a spoken word poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you want to go mad, just mix in parents and a stranger. Things definitely can get worse, as you've wrote. Sometimes blunt honesty helps. Great write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Its really quite descriptive. Could there by chance be any truth to it? You don't have to give me any details just curious is all how much of it reflects from you. For me it was really quite interesting, fascinating. Thanks for the read

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aLonelyPoet

7 Years Ago

It's quite true, it's basically what has happened to me within the recent years.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 3, 2016
Tags: sad

Author

aLonelyPoet
aLonelyPoet

Ireland



About
"Inside a black hole, time stops altogether. Whether or not this theory will ever be proved, I'm moved to believe this would be the perfect place to love someone." Shane Koyczan. more..

Writing
Problems Problems

A Poem by aLonelyPoet


Lovesick Lovesick

A Poem by aLonelyPoet