Music lessons.

Music lessons.

A Story by lunatic.
"

self explanitory, pretty much my music lessons with the brilliant music teacher whom shall remain nameless

"

"No, no, no! its B sharp, not B!"

I sighed heavily at my lack of competence to grasp 'the simple task of reading music'. It wasn't my fault that the notes looked like a foreign language. I tried again.

"Better, but you must do it in time with the beat! one, two three and four..."

I laughed nervously at the music teachers attempt to drill some form of 'beat' into my head. Believe me, I was built  for a different type of sheet music.

I sighed again, this time catching the attention of the disgruntled man. He frowned and took the old battered guitar residing in my untrained hands. 

"like this."

The notes were quick, precise, and without hesitation. They bounced off the walls of the small music rooms whick had once housed over forty year 12's in their early years. Tough luck. I studied the positions that his fingers took upon, realizing that I preferred this form of teaching.

"now you try." 

Once again, the guitar was under my guidance. Flexing my fingers, I played the dreaded song, picturing the finger positions, following some sort of beat. I worked my way around the tricky technical slide that accompanied the last few notes, and allowed the final pluck to resonate indefinitley.

"yes! i got it! finally. Now, can we move onto bass?"

I could physically see Mr. L critique my playing.

"W-"

"yes yes, watch the music, not the guitar. I know that."

"then why dont you do it?"

"because this is the first time i've ever played guitar number 1! honestly, Bass is more suitable. Foolproof."

He had caught on my nature to find the easy way out, and temporarially stamped that out of my way of thinking. Somehow, it had found its way back in. This time, though, he seemed to approve my preference for bass. Personally, I find lead a lot easier, as bass has to keep everyone else in time.

He sighed. "okay, you don't have to worry about the guitar anymore. Concentrate on bass for now, yes?"

His thick accent made me feel like a scolded little kid.

I smirked and reached for the solitary bass which had been calling my name for a while now.

"okay. I think I can live with that."

"Good! now, read this. No no no! F major, F major! and again one two..."

© 2009 lunatic.


Author's Note

lunatic.
I wrote this first ting in the morning, so i may be jerky in some placed of expression. So much for early start.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vei
I love your description here
"The notes were quick, precise, and without hesitation. They bounced off the walls of the small music rooms "
I thought I could almost hear them. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is my favorite line:
"I sighed again, this time catching the attention of the disgruntled man. He frowned and took the old battered guitar residing in my untrained hands. "

good job here :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2009

Author

lunatic.
lunatic.

no., Australia



About
Me? Well, I'm in year 11, nervous public speaker, I can be extremely rash with people, but if I disagree with your point of view, I'll gladly have a logical argument. If i agree with you, then it's ju.. more..

Writing
Getting home. Getting home.

A Story by lunatic.