Tips on Mixing Business with Golf

Tips on Mixing Business with Golf

A Story by Althea Mann
"

Golf and business have always worked well together. When things get a bit stressful in the board room, taking it out on the golf course is a good way to cool things down.

"
Golf and business have always worked well together. When things get a bit stressful in the board room, taking it out on the golf course is a good way to cool things down. Taking business matters to the golf course is a popular way to impress clients and to close deals. Companies host golf events as a team building and recreational event for the employees. A lot of golf resorts in Arizona host industry conferences all year round because they are the ideal option. Golf resorts not only provide venues for meetings; golf also provides opportunities for socialization.

Mixing golf with business is a fun way to get your job done. But do not forget that you are still conducting business and you have to stay professional at all times. The most important thing is to know golf basics. You might end up making a complete fool of yourself at the golf course unless you prepare. Do online research to familiarize yourself with the rules and terminologies. Take some short classes, so that you will know how to play. You do not have to be an expert golfer, but you must aim for a decent score. Just because you are playing with a client, it does not mean you have to let him win all the time. Just play your regular game and your client is bound to respect you more.

Remember though that when you are out golfing with your client, do not jump into business talk right away. Both of you know you are there for business, but allow yourselves to enjoy the game first. You took the business out of the board room, so make sure your client is enjoying himself first. It is better to wait when you are having drinks or a meal after the game before you bring up the topic. Of course, when the client brings it up during the round you should take your cue. Golf takes hours to finish and you will surely find time to talk business sooner or later. There’s no need to rush into the discussion. Use your time to get to know your client better and improve your rapport. If you are going to take your client out for golf, choose a convenient location that has complete facilities like dining and cocktail areas, and services like locker rooms. Golf resorts in Arizona offer everything you need for golfing, plus breathtaking vistas that add pleasure to your golfing experience.

Using golf to woo your client can be very effective, but it still not 100% reliable. Learn how and when to use golf to your advantage. After all, not every client appreciates golf. But for instances when you think a day at the course will seal the deal, check out the golf packages from golf resorts in Arizona. As a good entrepreneur, you should be able to spot a good deal when you see one.




© 2012 Althea Mann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on January 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 9, 2012