Weeds and Flowers

Weeds and Flowers

A Poem by Alyssa

I lay here on the sheets of my bed,

Thinking of who my true freinds are...

Who is real, loyal, who would be there for me.

Who isn't selfish, insecure, or nieve.


Only a few faces pop up like blooms of a flower.

They are bright wild colors in my life.

These colors make me smile and feel loved.

Why does one flower look dull?

You don't know how to be a friend if you tried.


I tell you, but you never understand, ever.
Your the wilting flower, the others are growing more vibrant.

The petals rising, the smell devine.

You are sunken and bitter, do you even care? No.


You let stupid things get in the way, stupid f*****g things.

You don't even see, your thick self absorbed head will never see.

Your changing... what the hell happend?

I don't get you anymore, we don't think the same things, we are a different species.

You are no flower to me.

You are a weed. An ugly weed growing into something terrible, something much worse.

This weed must be plucked if it keeps growing this way.

But of course, you haven't got the slightest clue what you've done.

There are far more important things to worry about other than your best friends right?

Clearly to you there is.

 

 

 

© 2009 Alyssa


Author's Note

Alyssa
Another release, sorry for the language... sometimes I need strong words to get out my strong feelings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it. I giggled at 'You are an ugly weed'. I've had friend's like this. Very good poem. Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A real friend is rare in a life. Your description with the use of flower and weed is very good. You can write a poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


ahhh lyss this was rlly good...i couldn't of said it better myself :)...good job at expressing your feelings

Posted 14 Years Ago


sweet and strong! It is powerful in its message to substantiate the final truth - trust and care!

Liked it a lot...

Thank you

Raja

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. That was short and sweet, just how I like it. I don't mind your language because it expresses you feelings better than any other word can. You are right; there are weeds in a bunch of wildflowers, some people that infect the others until they are all wilted and gross. One thing I did notice that the transition between the good flowers and the bad weeds were kind of unclear. But other than that, you caught the essance of the moral well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was one of the best poems I've read in a while. I liked the emotion,pure and raw. The lines were meaningful and spilled over with feeling. You are very talented. More please...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Holy! I really felt the anger in this poem. I'm still at a loss for words.
I wish there was a way to described how I enjoyed reading this poem, and how I easily related to the lines within!
GJ! Keep em coming!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Excellent body of work. I really like how you didn't refrain from using the word "f**k" to help describe your passion. Funny, how a little four letter word can carry such emotion eh? Great work Alyssa!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh yes.....I like the metaphor of weeds and flowers,,,,,,, we just have to know who is the weed and cut them out of our lives....... they are no good.......great piece

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is great. i have a few friends like this as well, dont let them get you down. it only leads to ulcers, trust me. powerful, and your right about the words, they express the way you say it in your head and how aweful it makes you feel. fantastic
=D

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2009
Last Updated on June 9, 2009

Author

Alyssa
Alyssa

Rochester, NY



About
more..

Writing
The Guard The Guard

A Poem by Alyssa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..