After Life Story

After Life Story

A Story by Amber Anderson
"

Just started this and still working on it but want to get an idea of what people think so far.... the title on here is not going to be the title of the comic

"

A man in a heavy jacket walks in the dark through the rain up to a warehouse. He looks at it for a second then sneaks in through the door first looking around to make sure no one was outside to see him going in, second looking to make sure no one is able to see him coming in, and third shutting the door softly so no one can hear it shutting. Now he's in and undetected he wants to keep it that way, so with soft footsteps he walks around in the shadows climbing along rafters when needed. He comes to a corner black as black in the shadows a small group of 3 men walk by. One tells the other 2 to head off in separate directions to keep lookout. As soon as those 2 are out of range to hear anything the man in shadows grabs the other man muffling his mouth and slitting his throat. He puts him in the dark corner and slips off back the way he came. After the one guy all alone, that's the man he just killed told to go keep a look out, the man in shadows soon catches up to the look out. Looks around quick to make sure no one can see him and sees a place to hide the body then goes for the kill. He stabs this one in the back of the neck and hides him under the car nearby. Then back into the shadows he goes, back to his first kill where he left off searching the place now he finds 2 more men up on a catwalk. He thinks for a second on how to get them and then to his luck they sit down for just the second he needs he pulls out his silenced guy and takes them both out with 2 quick shots they both just lump over perfect shots each got hit in the heart, so now 4 down 5 to go. The shadow man has done his homework scoped  the place out for a couple of weeks so he knew what they would do on this day. Now he makes his way to the other guy he had seen from the dark corner. He sneaks up to the man other lookout, the lookout turns around and heads straight for the man in shadows. He knows he's safe the lookout would have already started to shoot if he had seen him there, but the shadows hide him perfectly. He slowly pulls out a long black blade and as soon as the lookout gets close enough he jumps out and drives the blade up behind the ribs into the mans heart and grabs his gun quick so he can't fire off any warning shots all while looking him dead in the eye. The shadow man cracks a little smile in the corner of his mouth at the terror in the lookout’s eyes. He sets the body in the shadows  and slips back inside looking for the last 3, as he does that he hears yelling. They are yelling at the 2 on the catwalk to get back up and look around, they don't see that they are dead. This is the only chance the shadow man has to take them all out. He runs over to a car for cover, sees them all standing there, pulls out his gun and takes aim as hes starts to pull on the trigger one of them spot him and yell, “get down”. He has already fired by the time the one guy hears him, so now its a gun fight. The shadow man makes sure to take out the guy he was aiming at and shoots him 3 more times. Then he turns his attention to the last 2 who are now running and shooting at him. He pulls out a mirror while hiding behind the car to see what’s going on, he sees them one is to the left behind a car the other is to the right behind a pillar. The man in the shadows gets ready, he shoots at the man behind the car and runs for another spot to the left he wants to save the man behind the pillar for last. Finally he's lined up nowhere for the guy behind the car to hide, he was too stupid to move while the shadow man was running around to get a better shot on him. The shadow man shoots him in the head and instantly turns his attention to the man who was behind the pillar, this one is smarter, he was their leader after all. While the shadow man was busy he made his way to a room surrounded with windows but armored below that so now the shadow man has a real fight on his hands. He doesn't care all that matters is killing this one last man, their boss, all that matters is revenge. His life, his well being, his safety doesn't matter any more, so as soon as the man in the room comes up to shoot he'll shoot him even if it costs him his life. Walking brazenly toward the room gun out front with his last clip in it ready for any spot the guy might pop his head out. “S**t hes putting the gun up first, f**k gotta dodge, gotta run, can't die, before I gets the chance to make sure I kill this man,” are the thoughts of the shadow man.  He returns fire its only natural and it might keep him confused and scared who know might even get lucky and have a ricochet bullet hit and kill him, no such luck, “at least I’m still alive and I still have 8 shots left,” the shadow man thinks to himself. Now he crawls over to the room, points his gun in quick and shoots again. The man jumps out one of the windows and runs shooting back toward the room. “S**t he got away again,” the shadow man thinks. Again as he turns his gun in the direction that the man jumped out and ran he gets up and runs after him. Growing more and more desperate to end this now, running and jumping from cover to cover, shooting every time he has him lined up and missing every time finally he hits him and the man goes down. Exhausted the shadow man runs over to make sure he killed him. Gun out front ready to finish the job, as he gets close the man is getting up only shot in the arm still alive and ready for a fight. The man in the shadows pulls his trigger first but nothing, “s**t I used all my ammo,” the shadow man thinks as he throws his gun at the man and reaches in his coat for a knife. That same second the man hesitates and allows himself to think, “Wow I won, hes out of ammo, I just have to shoot him now,” and the man goes to shot the shadow man but its too late. He’s already close enough to use the knife. The shadow man slashes and stabs the other man pulls his trigger and they both go down.

The man in the shadows wakes up, gasps for air, opens his eyes and sees an endless white mist. He sits up and looks around he sees the same thing but he can slightly make out shadowy figures in the distance everywhere he looks. He stops and thinks, “What's going on? Where am I?” and then it hits him, “Wait I was shot why doesn't it hurt?”. He feels for the wounds and doesn't find anything, not even a scratch. “What happened? Where am i?” he thinks and, “What am I supposed to do now?”. So he decides to go over to one of the figures and ask them where he is.

So he begins to approach and he sees a huge busy city begin to appear from behind the mist and then he finally gets to the closest person and tries to ask him where they are and what's going on. The guy laughs at him and says, “Ha we have a new one here don't worry new guy you'll figure it out on your own,” and the guy walks off. So still confused he yells to the next guy he sees and says, “You where am I ? What’s going on? What is this place?” Everyone he asks ignores him and tells him to get a move on. Finally the man wanders into a strange man who says, “Ha another new guy, what's your name son?”  He answers “Gunner Garvan, what's it to you?’ The strange man says, “Well do you want answers or not?” Gunner calms down and says “Yes sir, what is this place?” The man says “That's better, the names Alem and follow me we'll get a drink.” They walk to a bar and sit down Alem orders 2 drinks and says “Well this is nice”. Then he says, “Wanna hear something interesting, not too long ago I used to frequent this bar and get into all kinds of trouble fights, drink to much and hit on a woman too hard, joke with some strangers and fall over drunk. Yeah those were the good days.” Gunner says “That's nice but I just want to know what this place is.” Alem says “This place well isn't it obvious its a bar ha ha”. Gunner says,”Funny but no really this whole city, where am I? Last I knew I was in a bad way in Boston then I wake up I’m here.” Alem says “Well what do you think it is?” Gunner says “I don't know some secret facility the government has set up for the really bad criminals or some s**t.” Alem laughs, “So that's what your mind hopes for? Ha this to be just some place you can escape or live out your days in ,well sorry to break it to you but this is death sonny boy.” “Death what do you mean death? Like we are inside of death going down the river sticks?” asks Gunner. Alem laughs again and says, “No the afterlife doesn't work like that, there's no river sticks and there's no gate way to heaven and no hell either so I just call it death you can call it what you like but when you die this is where you go where everyone goes his death.” Gunner says “So..” and before he gets to finish Alem says, “Yep you are dead boy and this is what you have to look forward to for the rest of eternity.” Gunner asks, “Wait then if everyone comes here then they guys I killed should be here too right and we died at the same time why didn't I see him when I woke up?” Alem says, “Oh so what it was a mass suicide or did you kill your family and then commit suicide after killing them?” Gunner jumps up and grabs Alem by his collar and says, “How dare you think something like that I love my family more than anything in this the world I would never kill them.” Alem laughs a little and says, “Whoa, slow down boy that's what you made it sound like and as you can guess its not unheard of, so what did happen?” Gunner says, “I killed a group of men who killed my family and the last one killed me in the process.” Alem says, “Well then are you sure you killed the last one?” Gunner says, “Yes I remember feeling the knife sink into his skull there's no way he could have survived after that.” Alem says, “Oh gruesome, well if they died at the same time  and place as you then the only other option is that they came to before you and have already began to explore this place. so what are you going to do now?”

© 2013 Amber Anderson


Author's Note

Amber Anderson
please give me your opinions so that i may learn more and improve as i edit this story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have set up a unique situation. It still remains for you to show the readers the story direction.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amber Anderson

10 Years Ago

thank you does the idea behind it seem like one worth continuing and editing
Chris

10 Years Ago

When you find a unique direction it is always worth seeing where you can take it.
Amber Anderson

10 Years Ago

alright thank you i will rework this then

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013