I Welcome You, Winter

I Welcome You, Winter

A Poem by Amber S. Hays

Broken.
Silently whisper into the winds of the night praying to be heard. 
Praying to a God I haven’t seen in months. 
And as the earth that stands changes pace, I change as well.
I feel not what has been placed inside me. I feel what was already there. 
The cruel sanctuary of thoughts. 
I cannot enjoy the simple task of enjoyment. 
Expectations are high. 
I’ve set them too high and I’m falling for the lows. 
How selfish of myself to keep running from the cold. 
It’s here to stay now, and the symmetry of a verse once spoken, is off it’s axis.
I do not feel. I cannot feel anything but the failed attempt to fill a void. 
It’s still there. 
You are still f*****g there. 
I welcome you, winter.
Take off your clothes.

© 2012 Amber S. Hays


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, the season of Winter. Yes, it can often bring us down and put us in the dumps. But we must accept it and use that as motivation to bring ourselves back up. To show winter that we are better than that, that we are able to heal and rise again. And a lot of people set high expectations for themselves, so you aren't alone there. And yes, that can often break a person. Just have to accept your flaws and who you are...that's how you'll live better and push on toward the future.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012
Tags: Winter, Emotions, Lack there of

Author

Amber S. Hays
Amber S. Hays

GA



About
My name is Amber. I am 21 years old and I'm currently in school majoring in literature and writing I love writing. Anything and everything. I like to be truthful as well as straight forward. Feedbac.. more..

Writing