Wrapped Within

Wrapped Within

A Poem by Amber S. Hays

The tides have began chewing at me again, 
and the rawness of my feet continue to blister, closing in on a bleeding end. 

It’s humid here. And there isn’t any comfort for me to find in anyone’s voice. 
Clear your throat, but I still won’t be able to hear over the cracking of the waves that seem to roll closer. 

I am stubborn and weak; two qualities I’ve come to realize everyone has. 
I’m leaving my money on the dresser along with the thought that we were in this together. 

I thought if I learned how to swim and learned to let go, I could brace myself against the harshness of unrelenting tides, 
But I haven’t learned to let go, and my hands won’t lead, and I can’t seem to strengthen my strides. 

From my understanding, within the first few minutes you let the tide take you, 
you are engulfed in its swaying motion like that of a newborn. There is enlightenment among such frigid waters, and a passing of time where everyone finds their souls and kisses God on the cheek. 

I feel nothing but a crazed fire and hands around my neck strangling my self-worth with every bit of accountability I had left.
This is not what I expected. 
But what is these days?

© 2013 Amber S. Hays


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on July 11, 2013
Last Updated on July 11, 2013

Author

Amber S. Hays
Amber S. Hays

GA



About
My name is Amber. I am 21 years old and I'm currently in school majoring in literature and writing I love writing. Anything and everything. I like to be truthful as well as straight forward. Feedbac.. more..

Writing