DUCK...DUCK...GOOSE

DUCK...DUCK...GOOSE

A Story by Ame
"

A story about martyrdom and ultimately achieving liberation.

"

“Miss Katherine Hannison, you are standing in the gates of heaven, on a path to hell, for you have committed a serious sin called suicide”, said the gatekeeper at the golden gate of heaven.
“I do know that father, and I accept all my wrongdoings”, said Katherine.
“Would you like to plead your case, before we make our decision?”
“No father”
“Do you recall all your sins?”
“Yes father, I do, there was a single sin of my life. And that was to love a man named Chris Ridlon.”

--5 months ago"
Katherine sat on the floor with her hands on her ears and her head under her knees crying and pleading. The horrible sounds still couldn’t be stopped
DUCK-whip-DUCK-whip-GOOSE-slash
“Aaahhh”, cried Katherine as Chris hit her with a belt. Howling in pain on the floor, she lied naked next to two women. One was Beige, her next door neighbour who was a mother of two and played duck duck goose at Katherine’s house while her kids went to school and her husband served in military. She was a part time mother, as half the time her mother in law would take care of her kids and a full time cheater as she had been cheating in her husband Blake with Chris since about an year. Katy a.k.a Katherine had unknowngly disliked her since the day she moved in to the neighbourhood and she was sure why she did that now.
The other was Ronda. Ronda was Chris’s favourite prostitute from the next street. She was quite young and beautiful and Katy always wondered why she would take up such a terrible work. Ronda was always sweet to Katy and would always cover up for her to save her from Chris’s wrath of anger.
Today, like most Sundays they were playing Chris’s favourite erotic game Duck-Duck-Goose where Chris would make the ladies sit naked and walk in circles to them whipping his belt on the ground saying duck... duck and then goose slashing his belt hard on one of the women’s uncovered back. By Chris’s rules, whoever would be goose would get a cigarette stain, an electric shock, a piercing on their body or the best they could get, Chris’s penis in their mouth. Katy was praying for the latter one.
Chris looked at her with a smirk and said,” babe, you know what? I’m horny. C’mon give me a bj.” Katy obliged hastily to his demand hoping he wouldn’t change his mind. That’s when beige interrupted “I need an ashtray for my cigarette.”
“B***h!” thought Katy in her mind. Chris smirked and took Beige’s cigarette out of her mouth and was about to put it on Beige’s hand as she reminded him, “Nah! Ah! You know Blake’s coming home at the end of the month, you don’t want me to explain how I got a mark on my body, especially when Blake’s the one who’s gonna pay your and this skank’s rent for this month.”
This pissed off Chris, but he knew she was right, Blake was his best buddy. Chris was the one who helped Blake get a house in their neighbourhood. If Blake came to know any of this, he would stop the regular monetary help he gave to Chris. This was also part of the reason why Katy kept mum about Beige’s antics because if Blake would know, they wouldn’t have enough to run the house.
As Katy sat there anticipating her punishment, she remembered Chris’s promise last night, that he would not burn her with cigarettes from now on. These were the rays of hope she was living on. As Chris looked at the cigarette in his hand, Katy gulped a little. Chris discarded the cigarette on his own arms and said, “now, give me my f*****g blowjob”, Katy went on it with a smile on her face and a tear in her eye, Chris had actually kept his promise and this was a sign that underneath all that sadomachoism, he loved her too much to hurt her.
As the months passed by everything looked well for Katy. Chris was trying to improve and there were no major violent marks being left on Katy besides some love bites or scratches or Indian burns here and there. It was then that Katy’s sister Lisa was to visit Katy. Lisa had graduated law college a year ago and was presently an apprentice in a affluent law firm. Katy and Lisa lost their parents when Katy was in high school. Watching them getting little to no help from their relatives, Katy decided to skip college and work full time for her and her sister. It was one of the natural form of martyrdom Katy had showcased her entire life. She had waited tables in really bad neighbourhoods to put Lisa through college. This was where she met Chris. He was one of the very few people Katy would feel comfortable with. Contrary to her present living conditions, he still was!
Katy had left work to live in with Chris after Lisa was able to support herself through her apprentice work. As Lisa came home to Katy, she noticed how beautiful Lisa had become. Despite being happy, this fact added to her worries. Lisa noticed Katy’s condition, which in spite of being much better in months, was still terrible for Lisa to see.
“That jerk still hits you?”
“It’s not that bad Lisa, he is trying so hard to make me feel better”
“Katy, just call the cops I can put him behind the bars for good.”
“No honey... please don’t. We are in love. We are planning our future together.”
Just then the door slammed open. Chris barged in habitually drunk and maybe evn drugged tonight. As he entered, Katy and Lisa were quiet as a shadow. Chris came near to Lisa, touched her beautiful hands and asked, “when did this angel come?”
“I told you she would visit for a week”, Katy said worriedly.
Lisa looked at him with rage in her eyes.
“What you looking at? Like my new shirt?”, Chris said opening two buttons of his shirt.
“Hmm, you would look much better in a orange jumpsuit, don’t you think?” replied Lisa freeing her hand.
Chris took a few steps back looked at Katy and said, “Babe get the f**k in our room, I’m horny” and went to their bedroom.
Katy looked at Lisa and told her to have dinner.
“Babe get the f**k in here or I’ll come out there naked and f**k you in front of her.”
Katy ran right in. Chris had tortured Katy during their sex the whole night. Katy was used to the physical torture but what scarred her was that Chris called her ‘Lisa’ the whole time he screwed her.
The other day she woke up to screams of Lisa and Chris fighting. The fight had begun by something Chris said to Lisa about eating breakfast in his house, to Lisa fighting over the way he treated Katy.
Katy was somehow able to stop the fight. That night Chris tore away Katy’s clothes, and asked her something really terrible.
He told her to bring over Lisa’s undergarments. Although Katy refused, Chris hit her to obey his commands. She brought Lisa’s undergarments searching into her bag while Lisa slept on the couch. Chris took Lisa’s panties and sniffed them much to Katy’s disgust. He licked the part where Lisa’s vagina would be and told Katy to lie down. He stuffed lisa’s bra in her mouth and screwed her relentlessly talking extremely dirty about Lisa and the way he would screw her.
Katy couldn’t sleep the night, she could not take it anymore. She had made a decision.
As soon as Chris left for work, she asked Lisa to move out and go back to her work.
“That b*****d hit you again right?” Lisa asked.
“That’s none of your business.”-Katy
“Nothing good can come from this man”-Lisa
“This relationship is good for me!!!” screamed Katy pushing Lisa out.
“Sometimes you have to decide what’s the good thing and what’s the right thing”, said Lisa crying.
Katy slammed the door on Lisa’s face and sat down crying the whole day.
The next days were extremely hard on Katy. She was being bruised mentally and physically by Chris. She was in a very dark place. Her life would take no fortunate turns until she found that she had missed her periods. She confirmed her pregnancy and found this to be her only source for hope. Maybe now Chris would not be as angry on her as he had been since a while now. Maybe now he would not hit her with his child in her womb.
That night Chris entered the house drunk along with Beige.
“Get your stuff out of my room, Beige’s gonna live there from now. She’ll stay in my room until Blake comes to visit.”
“But Chris, I have our baby in my stomach, I’m pregnant dear, we’re gonna be mamma and daddy.’
“who’s child is it hoe?”, Beige said.
“Shut the f**k up you b***h!”, Katy howled in anger.
Chris slapped Katy putting her to the ground saying, “What did you call her b***h? You’re getting out of hand now. And who’s name is your baby gonna keep?”
“Your’s. When we get married.”, Katy said crying.
Chris started laughing and said, “B***h, you think I’m gonna marry you? My parents won’t give me a f*****g dime if I married some trash like you! Now get out of my f*****g house. You don’t even get the couch now. We BREAK UP! ”
Katy started crying hard and said, “Please Chris, don’t leave me. I’ll do anything you say. You can bring in her. Bring any woman you want. Please Chris...”
“God, do you listen to yourself, you’re such a trash! Now get f*****g out of here,” Chris said throwing her out of the house.
Katy banged at the door for half an hour crying and begging, then started walking through the street weeping throughout. She reached the tallest building in the neighbourhood. She went to the roof. She looked down and saw a dumpyard. Tht was like a mirror to her. She jumped off the building and landed next to the dumpyard, blood running out of her head as she saw the light and descended to a dead state.

“Miss Katy, though you have sinned, you deserve another chance, we shall give that to you to make your life worthy of doing something. But you shall not have another chance with your baby. ”, the gatekeeper said.
Katy woke up next to the dumpster at the exact place and .exact time she fell. Blood was seeping back into her head.
She could not think of a single thing to do. She didn’t know where to go. She was roaming about the street when she heard, ”Katy is that you?” a familiar voice and a familiar face. She was taken to that person’s house.
It was Ronda. Katy opened up to her about all that she went through and how Chris threw her out. She came to know that Ronda was saving up for a apartment in another town and was going to get married to her boyfriend “Bob”. Bob had got out of prison since a couple of weeks and had left his gang of criminals. They were worried that Chris may tell the gang about Bob if she did not continue to work as a prostitute for Chris. They had been under hiding since then and were about to move. Ronda invited Katy and they moved to the new apartment.
It was a small place but could be called “Home”. Watching Ronda and Bob made Katy realise what real relationships should be like. Everything was going fine till one day Chris tracked Bob from the supermarket to their house. As Bob was laying down the grocery, Chris shot a bullet through the window. Bob, Ronda and Katy ducked in shock and panic and tried to save themselves. Chris shot two more bullets to the latch and slammed open the door. Katy made Ronda and Bob run to the bathroom and locked it from outside. She went out to Chris, “Get out of here Chris.”
“Look at the guts on you b***h. I’ve been tracking the three of you since a week now. Bob you son of a b***h you think you can steal away my b*****s from me?”, Chris said getting near the bathroom.
“No Chris please go!”, Katy said jumping over Chris. She tried to hold him back for about ten minutes but then Chris pushed her back and put two bullets to her stomach.
Katy fell down and was seeing the light again as she started losing breath. She could hear police sirens as she faded to death.

There she was again at the gates of heaven. Gatekeeper looked back at her and smiled saying,“Now miss Katherine, you have saved a couple and their love although it cost your life. You certainly deserve heaven. But before you go, somebody wants to meet you.”
Chris stood there with pleading eyes.
“Mr. Chris here was being arrested by policemen and was shot when he tried to run away by shooting at them. He claims that he was never loved in his life and you were his only love. He feels guilty now and wants to expiate his mistakes and would live as you would say if you give him a second chance.”, the gatekeeper said.

It was time for Katherine to make the biggest decision of not only her life but also afterlife.
She would do a good thing if she gave him a chance. But just then she remembered her sister’s words,
“Sometimes you have to decide what’s the good thing and what’s the right thing”
Katy looked at Chris and smiled. Chris smiled back, she touched him and said, ”Goose!” (the person who got goose would be punished in Chris’s game.)

She walked in to the golden gates with Chris’s howling voices of pain and agony behind her. She was looking at a whole new (after)life and she wasn’t a martyr anymore!

© 2015 Ame


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on May 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 16, 2015

Author

Ame
Ame

Mumbai, Mumbai, India



Writing
Am I legal? Am I legal?

A Poem by Ame