my university essay

my university essay

A Story by Demnati Amine
"

i wrote this essay to get my application , i'm going to show you my writing style , it's about transforming sadness to happiness , i hope you like it .

"

Recently, I discovered that tragedies are eventually what makes life interesting and entertaining. But I found it out the hard way.

according to our health minister , fifty thousand women get diagnosed with breast cancer every year , 40% of these women need to have a breast amputation so they can survive . Unfortunately, my courageous mother was one of the 40%. A large luminous room, shining lights on every corner , full with strange people wearing some bizarre costumes. No! that's not some operations room in a hospital , that's only me dancing in a wedding party of a friend , meanwhile my mother , a forty seven years old teacher is Anesthetized 500 km away from me. Just imagine the dark feeling I had inside me for knowing that I was being careless , enjoying my night while my mother is suffering both mentally and physically,I was the only member of the family that was not informed of this surgery specifically and this disease generally."It was all quick, we didn't want to shock you " they said . Well , do you actually think that notifying me of my mother's breast cancer in front of her hospital room is a good move ? that was heart-breaking , the fast change of emotions , the tears coming out from nowhere , my color skin turned red as if I was about to explode, and seeing my big brother whom I was portraying him as an audacious inspiration of mine ,seeing him weeping like a five years old ,got my knees down on the ground . I gave up very quickly .

Hopefully, that surgery halted the spread of the tumor. Now, all that remains is the infamous chemotherapy, it's literally harmful to both the soul and the body of the patient, but it's necessary. As time goes by, things went better when my mom finally overcame her illness thanks to God , her doctors , her family and her brave personality . Apart from this story, I'm heading to my point. It all started when one day, not long ago, a brief daring question all of a sudden came to my mind , demolishing all my beliefs and changing the way I used to see life . The question was as follows : " is my mother's cancer the best thing that happened to our family ? " You might think that I'm crazy, but I'm not. Don't judge me before you finish reading this .At first, I didn't have the response ,therefore, in the purpose of seeking the truth, I Recalled some memories and compared them with each others.

Earlier, my family life began to lose its charm. We no longer dine out, travel, or even watch a movie together. We don't kiss our parents every morning. We often argue in front of my mother, we only tell our mother we love her on her birthdays!! Although I was young, I noticed that we were messed up.

On the contrary, at the present moment, I can't start my day without reminding my mom that I love her more than anything on this planet, neither my brothers can. From time to time, we really spend some quality family moments. We went to Europe last summer and it was a very pleasing vacation. My mom is aware about her health More than ever, she visits a fitness club regularly. I even join her sometimes in her home exercises so that we have fun. Everyone in our hometown knows how much of a united family we are, I really appreciate the change that we experienced. After these comparisons, I felt thankful, and very, very blessed. So, you can guess my answer; it's definitely an affirmation .my mother's cancer turned my life around, I am very happy and very motivated to achieve all my goals. Don't get me wrong , I am not assuming that your mother should get sick so that you live happiness .My point is that everyone should be positive about bad things ,that's how I went through that sad event, and as a quote says : " keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow " Thus, Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength, even though you will suffer in this life, your mission is to turn the pain into happiness. Today, my mom can proudly say that she succeeded in her mission. She is a mother of a competent engineer, a disciplined medicine student and me , an applicant who is willing to join Al Akhawayn University .

© 2015 Demnati Amine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

95 Views
Added on May 20, 2015
Last Updated on May 20, 2015
Tags: biography, cancer, happiness, essay, lesson, inspiration, university, love, family

Author

Demnati Amine
Demnati Amine

Taourirt, Non-US/Non-Canadian, Morocco



About
My name is mohammed amine Demnati , i'm a 17 years old boy , who lives in morocco . English is simply my life , i really admire the language but i'm not a very good writer , i hope you guys can help .. more..