The relationship

The relationship

A Story by Amit Mehta


Scene 1


It was raining. Heavily. When it rains in Mumbai, it looks more beautiful. Mumbai monsoon has its own charm. And it was first rain of the season.


Nayna, 24 year old, was standing at a single pole bus stand with purple colored umbrella in her hands. It was Sunday afternoon and there was no one at the stand except her. Despite umbrella, part of her feet and hands had dampened. For past 30 minutes she was waiting for Kabir, her boyfriend, and was quite upset about it. One would generally enjoy first rain of the season, but waiting for Kabir had annoyed her.


A car slowed down near the stand and finally stopped. Kabir rolled down front side window towards Nayna, and held both his ears. Apparently he was apologizing for being late. Nayna was not in a mood to look at it.


"Please come and sit. I am extremely sorry baby", Kabir pleased.


She looked away.


In a moment, He just drove his car away which made her more upset.


"That's it", She had decided and looked for an auto or a bus but the road was mostly empty.


After 10 minutes she was still there. She heard some voice of an engine. The same car was moving again towards her.


Kabir came out of the car with a very big and cute Teddy Bear and a red Rose. The rain completely drenched him by the time he reached Nayna


"I love you Nayna", He spoke out loudly and went on his knees offering her the Teddy & the Rose.


Thankfully no one was around, Nayna thought. Nayna's lips curled into a smile. Her resentment melted. She put her palm on her forehead.


"I love you too Kabir. Now let's go from here, you are completely drenched."


"You're mad you know...", was heard while they sat inside the car and the car left and vanished in the rains...



Scene 2


An old couple was living in Bengaluru. The weather in Bengaluru was partly cloudy that day. The roads were mostly empty due to India V/S Pakistan T20 world cup finals.


Mr. Sharma, 62 years were watching a cricket match at his neighbour Mr. Hegde's house. It was the match no cricket lover would want to miss.


The match had some thrilling moments favouring India and Pakistan in turns. Mr. Shrama and Mr. Hegde were on the edge of their seats and biting their nails as if they were part of the dinner.


Mrs. Shrama and Mrs. Hegde cursed them as they could not watch TV. Mrs. Shrama had one more and a big reason to be upset. It was their 35th wedding anniversary. And the cricket lover husband did not care to even wish her. She had purposely not wished him to see if her husband loves her more or cricket.


"At least my husband wished me on our anniversary last month", Mrs. Hegde making her case stronger.


By the time the match was over, which India won dramatically to clinch the cup thanks to another Sharma, Mrs. Shrama had decided not to talk to Mr.Shrama.


The old couple went back to their house. Mr. Shrama sensed something was wrong and his wife was not looking in a good mood.


"Mrs. Sharma?", Mr. Sharma tried to talk but it was fruitless effort.


She looked away, as always.


Mr. Sharma went outside hurriedly. Mrs. Sharma thought he might have gone to visit Mr. Hegde's house to discuss about the match. 


"That's it", She murmured. "I will make a big issue today."


After 10 minutes Mr. Sharma returned with cake in his hand. Black Forest it was - Mrs. Sharma's favourite. Mr and Mrs Hegde followed him. They all cheered and wished Mrs. Sharma a happy anniversary. Hegde couple clapped as Mr and Mrs Sharma blew 35 candles and cut the cake.


"Did you remember the day?", Mrs Sharma asked.


"Yes of course. Just wanted to tease you.", Mr. Sharma said and laughed.


Mrs. Sharma's lip curled into a broad smile. Mr. Sharma's gave a kiss on her forehead. Tears came out of Mrs. Sharma's eyes.


The old couple hugged tightly. It was pure love, ageless.


Mr. and Mrs. Hegde left the house and closed the door behind them which had a name plate on which it was written "Nayna & Kabir Sharma".


© 2019 Amit Mehta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 24, 2019
Last Updated on January 24, 2019
Tags: relationship, couple, love, pure love

Author

Amit Mehta
Amit Mehta

Pune, India



About
Hi, I am Amit Mehta, a software professional from Pune, India. Something triggered a writer in me and I am here on this platform to share my write ups, blogs, stories and express my emotions. more..

Writing