My Angel; My Curse

My Angel; My Curse

A Book by Archer Knopp


© 2011 Archer Knopp


Author's Note

Archer Knopp
My autobiography.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

Archer,

I have read what you have written so far. It filled me with more emotion and feeling than any written work has in months.

You are a brilliant narrator. I'm looking back now on your chapters, which I have uploaded to my Kindle. Here are a few things I'd like to applaud you for:

This has the potential to be one of the most powerful coming-of-age stories ever. You have a strong narrative voice, and your characters' dialog is pitch-perfect, reflecting an array of emotions and life situations, from expressing the trials of a shrewd younger sibling to giving a voice to a young woman aware of the unsettling racial divide in her community.

You've written out these first two chapters in a way that's reminiscent of Shakespearean tragedy. Berkeley, California is no "fair Verona," and that sets it apart, making it a more realistic, tangible setting. I realize this is your autobiography, but you have seemingly selected the most potent scenes from your experience: the urgent pulling over to the curb--and that abandoned storage building along with those long-neglected railroad tracks. God, what symbolism!

Keep using these symbols and writing out this story. The loss of a loved one--the MOST loved one is a story that so many people can resonate with. An angel and a curse, indeed.

Thank you for sharing, and please continue. You and Danielle are in my thoughts.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 17, 2011
Tags: autobiography, ddb, amk, dark, real, life, true, nonfiction

Author

Archer Knopp
Archer Knopp

Berkeley, CA



About
Character Biography: Archer I lived in Joplin, Missouri for the first 22 years of my life, where I met and fell in love with Danielle Dawn when we were just 13. My plot slowly began rising when we t.. more..

Writing