TESSA

TESSA

A Story by samuel wright
"

how i lost the one i love.

"

TESSA

I stood in the busy hallway of the hospital holding her bloodstained scarf. The pain I felt was astoundingly profound. I tried speaking but nothing came out of my mouth, as I desperately tried to comprehend the tragic realities of my dire situations.

It all started back in college when I met this girl Tessa. I’ll always remember the way we met. I bumped into her at the cafeteria, and She spilled hot coffee on me. Her dark blue eyes and her perfect smile made me go heads over heels for her. She was beautiful, kind, and always very cheerful. Ever since I met her, I have always been grateful that she did spill coffee on me, and here we are, four years later still striving strong. Like every relationship we had our ups and downs. I was a medical student. I barely had time to maintain conversations talk less of a relationship. I always had to study and this never gave me ample time to always be around for my girlfriend.

In a bid to save my relationship, I’ll always send my brother to keep her company and help her with the difficult house chores while I studied. How incredibly naïve of me. As time went by I noticed that she was always happy to be with my brother. I trust my brother with my life why not my girlfriend? I was always busy with school and we became distant but I could still see that we had and unwavering love for each other, willing to withstand the trials of trying times.

            As time went by, I soon got to the end of my medical studies and I was going to ask Tessa to marry me. I plotted and planned with my brother to make her a grand romantic wedding proposal. I really wanted to make up for lost time, but more importantly I wanted to show her that I loved her with all my heart.

            The day came and I executed my plan to perfection. But to my dismay and disappointment she burst out into tears. She said she would love to marry me but she has to tell me something. She dropped the bombshell! She said she was cheating on me. I asked her who it was, and what she revealed broke the camels back. My brother! My would-be-best man. How could you do this to me? I looked at both of them and all I could see was shame hovering around them. I looked at my brother and he was speechless. I looked at the ring and tears formed a painful cloud that lingered in my eyelids. With great disappointment I walked away. I have never felt so empty. Tessa called me and begged for my forgiveness. If only I had not been overwhelmed with jealousy. 

As time went by I forgave her. Her joy knew no bounds. She got into her car and drove. I already set down a reunion cake to surprise her prior to her arrival. Suddenly my phone beeped and I got a very distressing phone call telling me to come to emergency unit. I got there only to find my beloved Tessa writhing in pain and agony. She was involved in a ghastly car accident. I took her hands and told her everything will be ok. Her breathing was rapid, as she looked me in the eyes. I could still see those dark blue eyes I fell in love with clutching desperately to life. She pulled me closer and she muttered some words into my ear. “I am sorry,” she said. She said tell me everything will be all right. I said everything would be all right. She then smiled weakly at me and said, “I love you bear”. Tears began to fall freely from my eyes, and she wiped them with her bloodstained hand. Suddenly she became calm. Her eyes became still, and I felt her hands become cold. I watched as life faded from her body. I was roughly catapulted into the tragic realities of recent events. Tessa was dead!

            

© 2016 samuel wright


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016

Author

samuel wright
samuel wright

ANGELES CITY, PAMPANGA, Philippines