Just Maybe...

Just Maybe...

A Story by Amy
"

She cannot forgive herself...

"

Dad and I exchanged words in his office again. That was an argument that caused me a great deal and if I had a second chance, I would never repeat it. You know, it is quite funny how I just decided to visit him on that day in his office. I was going to apologise for wrongly accusing him of cheating on mother with Aunt Sophia, her best friend.

Everyone at his workplace had strange looks on their faces when I got there. Not bothering to knock on his door, i just budged in without a backward glance at his secretary who looked like she might faint when she saw me. I almost passed out at what my eyes be- held in the office. Dad was at it again! He and Aunt Sophia in the most compromising situation ever! 

Without thinking, I started yelling and scattering things in the office. This infuriated father so much that, instead of feeling sorry and apologising, he rather yanked me up and gave me a dirty slap across my face.

“Mum must surely hear this!” I yelled on top of my voice. We had attracted quite a large number of company gossips by now.

“You would do not such thing.” He retorted.

“Oh yeah...” I smirked.”You just watch me.”

 I turned to look at the home wrecker sitting shame facedly in a chair. “You disgust me...” I whispered to her.

I ran out before he could grab me. With feelings of anger, despair, pain and all the possible things I could feel, I ran all the way home, not even stopping for a moment to catch my breath. I just had to find mother. I had to tell her that her worst fears had come true; her speculations were for real. I met mother in the doorway looking all confused.

“Oh mother!” I cried when she opened up her arms to embrace me. She soothed down my hair as she listened to every word I blabbered. I Just went on talking without stopping a moment or two to look at her; not caring how she felt. I was so busy speaking that I did not even notice when she grabbed her chest; not even when she tried to catch her breath; not even when she fell to the ground!  All I knew was, someone had to know what father was up to and there could be no other person but mother!

Mother passed away before we arrived at the hospital and I have not been able to forgive myself for what happened. I have chosen not to blame father but my foolish and selfish self who chose not to think about anyone else but myself. Maybe, just maybe, if I had kept my mouth shut, mother would not have died...

 

© 2013 Amy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great story. A thought provoking situation . Sorry for your loss of her. This was a sad and heartfelt...My God be wih you...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amy

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sami.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013

Author

Amy
Amy

Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana



About
I am just me...as happy as i can be. more..

Writing
A NEW DAY A NEW DAY

A Poem by Amy


Nana... Nana...

A Poem by Amy