choices

choices

A Poem by anahi13

It is hard. The feeling you get after the exact opposite of what you want occurs. You're given that choice, to take that risk. To go in that direction, to give your absolute everything to someone who can make the choice to throw it all away.. but it's all apart of the sacrifices we make for the things we think we love, for the people we tell ourselves we'd do just about anything for. But what happens when things don't go the way we expect them to? I mean, of course we are aware of the situation and the consequences of putting ourselves in that situation when we make the choice to do so but I believe that deep inside we tell ourselves it'll all go right. Nothing will go wrong because we are trusting and we are putting ourselves into this, everything into this. I mean, what possibly more can you give than everything? But what happens when everything means nothing? When what you believed to be YOUR "everything" comes tumbling down? Well that's when we get another choice. We can call that previous choice a mistake and move on. We can stay stuck on it till it ruins us, till it completely destroys us. We can run from it until we get tired, give up and at times we even choose to let it define who we are.. but we can also choose to let it define who it will make us, how it will change us and why. We can choose to take that pain and put it away or we can put it all out there and turn it into something useful, something beautiful. It's all apart of the choices we get to make in this life. The choices that make us who we are.

© 2015 anahi13


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on December 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015

Author