the trees and the birds

the trees and the birds

A Poem by anais.vionet
"

this isolation isn't affecting me at all.

"
I have to say, this isolation doesn't appear to be affecting me at all.

I was thinking... The wind must come from somewhere.

Do the trees make the wind with their ceaseless moving around? 

“KKKeeeeepp STILL!!” I shriek at the trees from my bedroom window but the trees pretend not to hear. Science says trees can talk to each other over some secret, underground, filament-like network - so I know the ba$tards are listening.

And I don’t know about this new generation of birds - these tearless, happy birds that just chirp to be fashionable. 
They annoy me and they pretend to be unaware of the value of silence.
“Shut UP!” I yell at a speckled bird who stares down at me like I’m insignificant. 
“Yeah”, I say, “ the woolly mammoths ignored us too,” I warn. 
I give it the two-fingered, back and forth “Yeah, I’m watching you” point.
Then it just chirps right at me. aaarrrgghhh!
So I give it the bird.

© 2020 anais.vionet


Author's Note

anais.vionet
all comments welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I do like this. Wry and dry humor, (my favourite kind,) with just the perfect touch of acid; and yes, the birds are becoming bolder by the day; perhaps they think it'll soon be all over for us. :))

Beccy.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Are you in self isolation or something else? Well, your poem is really funny. It created the actual scene in my mind!

Posted 3 Years Ago


anais.vionet

3 Years Ago

Oh, I'm home with my parents and my brother. The only reason I go out to is for walks or to play fri.. read more
Devansh Shekhar Shukla

3 Years Ago

We too are well. I rarely go out, no, it has been for just for one time since Holi. Well frisbee gol.. read more
anais.vionet

3 Years Ago

Frisbee golf is outside - it's so beautiful sometimes I forget the WORLD is in trouble.
Good .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2020
Last Updated on July 19, 2020
Tags: corona virus, isolation, teen, life, 2020

Author

anais.vionet
anais.vionet

GA



About
high school student more..

Writing