The Hidden Tales of the Heart

The Hidden Tales of the Heart

A Story by Maria
"

Nobody tells you what happens when your heart breaks. From Romeo and Juliet to Titanic, all explain what love is and how happy it makes you feel, there's no true meaning of how to fix your heart.

"

Reading those stories of how the Prince saves the Princess in a big tower and they both live happily ever after. I've watched a ton of romantic movies too, on how they turn to enemies to lovers in an instant and how they both are happy after it. Longing that loves that I've seen in movies, books and in real life. I grew up to think that love would happen to anyone in an instant, and I was always that shy kid who never used to interact with anyone, forget finding a true lover if I was going to be like this. My confidence was always considerably low, but I meant well in what I did.  

Crushes came, I stood there like a tree not saying anything to them but just observing them from a corner. I was that awkward and weird. I remember that I even joined cricket club to get closer to one of my crushes, now don't get me wrong I love cricket but the thought of having him near me always made me nervous and because I was the only girl which only made stuff more awkward. I was good at cricket, at least I'd like to think. I never confessed to him about my true feelings, pretty sure I made it that obvious, but I soon realised, that life wasn't all ha ha hehe, and that those stories and romantic movies where nothing compared to real life, but did that stop me and my expectations? No, it didn't not in the slightest.  

High school came, and there were new crushes, something would work then I thought to myself. However, it was only more embarrassment. I wrote a love letter to one of my crushes, Jake because he gave me his number and as an average love story that I've read that's just one closer to finding a boyfriend. But it was nothing to what stories compare love to be. The next day, I got dirty toilet water dripping from my head and a punch to my shoulder and not one person defended me, they all laughed. From that day on, I still watch romantic movies and fantasise about what it would be like...but does anyone prepare you for what happens to your damaged heart after all those rejections. No. 

© 2024 Maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on February 22, 2024
Last Updated on February 22, 2024
Tags: heartbreak, love, romance

Author

Maria
Maria

London, Essex, United Kingdom



About
Hello I am Maria. I'm 18 and I write short stories ranging from love stories to personal stories of my own. I hope that my stories get published into a book, which is what I'm hoping to desire. I'm fr.. more..