The Happiest Day of My Life

The Happiest Day of My Life

A Story by Angela
"

Remembering the best day of my life.

"
The Jonas Brothers were the main reason for my middle school and high school self’s happiness. They were also the main reason for my sadness and the many fights I had with my “best friends.” I met friends because of them, and I also lost some. I decorated my eighth grade binder with pictures of Nick Jonas, and my ninth grade locker with pictures of the whole band. This is how I met my first group of high school friends. .

I wanted my sixteenth birthday to be a day I remembered forever. I was turning sixteen, it had to be perfect. That is exactly what I told my mom when I begged for her to get me VIP passes to see the Jonas Brothers in concert. VIP tickets meant I got to see their sound check before the concert, and got up front seats. My mom got them for me, along with my two other friends. I remember being so happy, I cried to her saying she was the best mother in the world. It is so funny to think something that simple made me so ecstatic   

I was fat when I was sixteen. I was not obese, but I had too much weight on me for my height. I wanted Nick Jonas to notice me so bad, that I bought a new outfit for the concert. It was a jean skirt, (I know, GAG) and a hot pink short sleeved shirt. I even did my make up and wore fancy shoes.  I did not look good, but I guess I was “cute” for  a chubby kid. At least my mom lied to me and said I was. My best friend at the time wore a brand new dress, and we got ready together at eight in the morning. Yes, eight in the morning. Did I mention that the concert did not start until seven? This was an all day event. 

The sound check was at three, and we were on our way around one. When we got to our seats, I nearly peed my pants from excitement when I saw that I was three rows away from the stage. Nick Jonas was going to be directly in front of me. This was the moment I was dreaming of. All my life, I never thought I would be that lucky girl to be up front at a concert, and now I was third f*****g row. 

When the lights finally began to dim, I knew my life was about to change. And holy f*****g s**t, did it ever. I can honestly say, if I died right there in that moment, my life would be complete. When Nick Jonas was in front of me, I felt like I had nothing left to live for. It is so silly to think about, but reliving that memory makes me smile every time.

I did not care about my weight. I did not care about my hair. I did not obsess over every calorie I put into my mouth. I did not care if my skin was perfectly clear. All that mattered in those two hours, was that I was inches away from the then love of my life. 

Time literally felt like it stood still. If someone murdered me, I would have not even felt it. I was so in awe and full of happiness, I felt like I was on a cloud. My heart was in my mouth and my ears were ringing. I don’t even think I could feel my legs. It was the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. 

I cannot remember the last time I was that happy, excited, content, or perfectly amazed. It was an overwhelming rush of emotions that I would relive in a heart beat. I do not even care about how I looked,  it does not even matter. All that mattered was that every second of my life was leading up to that concert. I felt like I had a purpose, as stupid as that sounds. My purpose was to be third row, in front of my boy band obsession. 

If I could meet the Jonas Brothers, or any of them, I would want to thank them for letting my younger self enjoy her life. My teenage years were so stress free because I simply did not care. That was my only dream in life, and it came true. I hope I can experience a moment where I am truly that happy again. I really, really do.

© 2015 Angela


Author's Note

Angela
This was honestly the best day of my life, even though it happened when I was 16.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 12, 2015

Author

Angela
Angela

Quincy, MA



About
Hi! I'm Angela, and I've always had a passion for writing since I can remember. My genre ranges from whatever I am feeling. more..

Writing
Twenty One Twenty One

A Story by Angela