Life in a fish bowl

Life in a fish bowl

A Story by Juliet Forshaw

Life inside a fish bowl.

 

I stood under the porch, ran my fingers through my hair like a comb and focused contently into the distance.  Heat rays emanated from a partly covered yellow dot in the sky, which reflected from the hard, wet ground and warmed my feet.

The rain fell down hard, it's speed, constant yet the impact as it hit the ground, sporadic and occasionally but timely a single drop would fall from the broken, leaking roof and splash onto my nose.  This was amazing, this was time exposing itself to my keen, yet untrained eye.  Raindrops creating life everywhere they hit but do not stop there.  The impact of  rain causes life as sporadic as the rainfall itself and quantifies with every subsequent impact, every subsequent impact determining  the location of new life wherever it can.  So does this mean for life on this planet at least, everything is pre determined?  I wasn't sure.  Is order pre determined?  and there was the answer.  But whether it was the right one or not, at the time was not fully clear.

A warm mist hovered like minature clouds above the cracked pavement.  Causing me to reach for my brow, wiping it clear with the back of my hand.  The rain began to subside.  I turned my head sideways toward the door, my body followed and I went inside.

© 2008 Juliet Forshaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

Juliet Forshaw
Juliet Forshaw

widnes, United Kingdom



About
Well! what to say. I was on here quite regular around a year and a half ago until I lost the keys to my account... I've only just found them again... well sort of lol. I'm an aspiring writer and .. more..

Writing
Fred. Fred.

A Poem by Juliet Forshaw