Love is the cure

Love is the cure

A Story by Starrbitt

My love lays there in her hospital bed , face a glowing pale that will always be beautifull to me. Her thin eyelashes brushing her cheeks , hair a raidant black which I call my night. Her lips look soft , like the petals on a rose. Like the one I hold in my lap.

beep....beep....beep

Those little beeps are sweet to my ears. She's alive , heart still thumping , chest still rising than falling.

Silently , I pray " Please my lord.Let her live. Let her wake. I want to embrace her. I promise , I'll never let anything happen to her ever again."

I exspected some kind of sign. Nothing.

beep....beep....beep

I waited. Waited for a flutter of an eyelid or a twitch of the mouth. Limp. Lifeless. Still , nothing.

In every passing second , I grow more impatient. Thoughts that I forbidd myself to think about slowly start to rise.

What if she dies? Are you going to be able to live with her gone?

I shake my head , trying to shake away the negative thoughts. No , no , she won't die. She can't , I'll be nothing without her.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

"No! Emalina!"

Than I fade , and I'm in a place where it's never ending white. Theres a voice of a man speaking to my ears.

"You selfish , selfish boy. Is that all you care about? Her living , so she can kiss away all your burns? That is not love. That is wanting her to stay on the earth just to nurse your wounds. You sick...sick...sick."

The mans voice echoed off and I opened my eyes. I was back in the hospital.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

Doctors were flooding the room as if I wasn't there. Walking through me to get to Ema.

I looked down at the rose I still held in my lap. He's right. I'm being a selfish fool.

I should let her go.

I walked up to her hospital bed , the whole world freezing as I lay the rose across her chest and kiss her lightly.

She has to live.

Than I walked out. Out of her room , life , onto heavens bridge.

Emalina stirred.


© 2011 Starrbitt


Author's Note

Starrbitt
If you don't understand the end , the guy switched her destiny for his.
He leaves the earths plane and she lives instead of what was suppose to happen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the ending to this story. I like the set-up of the story leading the reader to the surprise ending. Most of us would trade our life for the one person we love. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'd like to say thanks so much for the comments. I appreciate it a lot.
Thanks you guys!
Starrbitt :]

Posted 12 Years Ago


.............Wordless. Ok. one word for this. GORGEOUS! I swear, I will sob my head off if I read that again. Love is the cure...I marvel at that. I don't know why, I seem to like to drabble with the different meanings of love. This is definitely a good perspective of love, one of my very, very favorite perspectives. If you love someone, you've gotta stop thinking about yourself. Sorry. Am I making sense? I've been ranting, haven't I? sorry :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job. Heavens bridge, are we in purgatory.... Oooooooo!

Small typo though. It says 'than I fade' rather than 'then'.

Real good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw, such a sad yet touching story. I like the fact that you used so much description throughout your story. Also, even though it is a short story, you really made it work. So for that, great job!

I also looove the fact that you switched their destinies. It was a brilliant, creative, and unique idea. I've never read a story that included something so unique. So awesome story :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, so sad but I love it! Brilliantly written. . Great job

Posted 12 Years Ago


aww sad but i loved it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


ohhh sad ending sad sad story but great write !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011

Author

Starrbitt
Starrbitt

Oakhill, WV



About
I love anime if you couldn't tell, vampires, writing, and evil faeries! My favorite color is purple, I like to read about creatures and zombies, and I love making my own videos. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starrbitt


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Starrbitt


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Starrbitt



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Prophecy The Prophecy

A Chapter by Vanessa Rico


Broken Promise Broken Promise

A Poem by Thea