The Story of Tammy's Family

The Story of Tammy's Family

A Story by angel frankie
"

After being kicked out of their apartment, Tammy, his daughter Dakota and son Mouse have to navigate their new life away from Nellie, Tammy's wife who left them at an abandoned gas station.

"

The Beginning: Chapter 1


After being kicked out of their apartment in the pouring summer rain by Dakota and Mike’s mom Nellie, Mike, Dakota, and their father Tammy had been living in hotels and motels for a while. Tammy thought of this as a temporary situation until  he could save up enough money for a small apartment and a move. At the end of the summer, around July, he decided to make a move to a little town in Wisconsin named Carterton. He didn't really care about where he moved, he just wanted to be far away from Florida...too many bad memories. He was admittedly very angry at Nellie for what she did and he was filled with confusion. They always had fights but it never ended in any of them being abandoned at a gas station. Tammy also wasn't sure of the state of mind his soon to be ex-wife was in. 


He had figured he would just get any job in the town that he could find in order to support his children. Tammy loved Mike and Dakota and wanted to do right by them. He feared they’d be “messed up” because of this whole situation and having to grow up without a mother. Tammy remembered learning in school that a divorce can affect the way children love their own partners someday and he didn’t want to contribute to the downfall of their relationships. He wanted to give them double love to make up for the missing parent. He hugged them a lot and promised one day, when he saved enough money, he would get them something special. He always feared the future, especially now with everything being uncertain. Let’s just say 2019 was not going as planned. 


The process of moving wasn’t easy on them and they ended up misplacing lots of their things when moving from one hotel to another--and then during the big move to Wisconsin. Little Dakota was six when they moved and her brother Mike “Mouse” was nine. They became very close shortly after living in hotels with each other. Mike always thought it was kind that their father would sleep on the not-so-comfy couch and give them the big bed in the other room. Mike and Dakota slept together in every motel and hotel room they had. They were small and it was always a queen bed so they had lots of room. When Tammy moved, they were all very happy, but also nervous for what was to come--the future was scary for Dakota. She didn't really understand what was going on, but Mike did to some extent. He always hugged Dakota and made her feel safe, even if she was confused she felt comfortable in her brother’s arms. 


Tammy had his eye on a third floor apartment in Carterton, Wisconsin. It was five minutes away from his new job at a retail store called Versatility. It was big and it had everything: a little sub shop nearby and it sold clothing, food, and items for houses and apartments among other things. Tammy already interviewed for the job and was very happy and grateful that he got it. It was full time. He was nervous about how he was going to watch his children and go to work at the same time with daycare being such a high cost, too high for his budget.




to be continued...

-new parts added almost every day!-

© 2021 angel frankie


Author's Note

angel frankie
how did you like my story so far? let me know what you think and please tell me if there are any changes you'd like me to make or if something doesn't make sense. please leave a review :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on May 21, 2021
Last Updated on May 23, 2021
Tags: fear, new life, love, death, divorce

Author

angel frankie
angel frankie

Chicago , IL



About
Im angel frankie and I love lots of things. I try to spread kindness and positivity and wholesome vibes everywhere I go and I feel that comes out in my story writing. more..

Writing