A CRICKET JOINS THE BEATLES

A CRICKET JOINS THE BEATLES

A Story by angel
"

Listening to Abbey Road on a cold winter's night

"
The kids were gone for the weekend, on a school trip to Washington,DC, I had no work until Monday, and it was Saturday night.
I was unaccustomed to such privacy and freedom; I would, I decided, make the best of this situation and revisit my misspent youth.
I called a stoner buddy and asked him if it would be possible for him to score me a bit of acid.
He could, and did.
By early Saturday night, I was in my old recliner, taking off on my first acid in nearly a decade, sailing into the stars on Crosby, Stills & Nash's Wooden Ships. 
Back from there, I was off to stroll along ABBEY ROAD with those wonderful, magical Beatles. I had drifted somewhere in my head, when suddenly, I heard a cricket chirping!
Ordinarily, this would not have even managed to capture my attention,living as I did in a rural area outside of Brattleboro, VT,  but it was February. There wasn't an open window in the place. Come to think of it (which I just had), I was wearing headphones--good ones-- so I shouldn't be able to hear-- it was, I fear, well on the way to becoming what I believe is commonly known these days as a WTF moment... when it hit me like that famous flaming pie; the crickets were on the record! 

Nowadays, I am not so easy to amaze.

© 2018 angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on September 4, 2018
Last Updated on September 4, 2018

Author

angel
angel

StaffordSprings, CT



About
age 65 sex f writing since age 25, now a 65 year old who is wheelchair bound, but has lived a rich, full life and has a lot to THAY.Fans of John Irving's THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP should get that.. more..

Writing
YOUNG AT HEART YOUNG AT HEART

A Poem by angel


TIME AFTER TIIME TIME AFTER TIIME

A Story by angel