DONALD GOES TO THE BARBERSHOP

DONALD GOES TO THE BARBERSHOP

A Story by angel
"

Donald is at the barbershop having his head serviced

"
      DONALD GOES TO THE BARBERSHOP
          DONALD OUT AND ABOUT
                Act One
           
         THE PLAYERS:
             
          DONALD
          LUIGI,Donald's politically                      incorrect BARBER
          A DEMOCRATIC CUSTOMER
          THE AUDIENCE(that's you)

                
               Scene One
INTERIOR:BARBERSHOP:DONALD is Stage Right (of course), leafing through a magazine.

D:I am on the cover of every one of these, but not even one good picture. How is that even possible?

Dem.Cust.:You never smile. I've seen you here dozens of times, and I've never seen you do it.

L:(heavy Italian accent):Signore Donald, Come. Sitta you down. Makea you se'f comfortable.

D:Thank you, Luigi. How is business?

L:Don't you know, Signore Donald? You owna da shop.

D:(smiling)   That way I get my haircuts free!

L:(exasperated)But you make me paya you da rent!

D:(happily) That's what makes me a genius!

Luigi:(aside, to The Audience): That'sa what makes him an assahole!

D:(in a suspicious tone):What did you say?


L:I said Im-a gonna turn uppa da cold--the fan.

D:Oh, good. I am a little too warm. I need my hair fixed, Luigi. There were embarrassing pictures of me getting onto Air Force One this morning. My hair was flapping again.

L:I'm a fixa you right up, Signore.(Lifts, with difficulty, a gallon can of GLUE, and opens it.He dips a paintbrush into the can and, with his other hand, raises Donald's side hair flap. He slathers it with glue and presses it flat).There you go, signore. Good as-a new.(He hands DONALD a mirror.)

D: Nice, Luigi.You're a good immigrant; you're here illegally, but you work for me and it saves me money, so who cares.

Dem. Cust: About a million mexicans.

D(ignores him, puts on swim goggles):Now, Luigi, my tan.
Luigi hoists a huge aerosol container marked TAN IN A CAN, and sprays DONALD's Face and hands with it.
DONALD is now an even more vibrant orange.
L:There-a you go, signore.No one-a canna compare to you!(Looks at Audience, does a Burlesque wink, and whispers loudly:IN COLOR.
D(quickly):What was that?

L:I said, your hair--she is a beautiful thing! (to Audience) Not sure just what, though!

D(Getting up to leave) Thank you, Luigi; here's a tip for you. Look! Two dollars!

L: (under his breath) Oh, bellisimo! Now I can retire!

D: You're welcome! See you when the glue gets sloppy in the heat again!(He leaves)

Dem. Cust:How come you act like that when he comes in, Louie?

L: (no trace of an accent) Because this way, he doesn't dare fire me for all those embarrassing hair-flap pictures. He may be a cheap, arrogant b*****d, but those hair flap pictures are putting my kids through college!

They laugh, watching out the window as DONALD'S hair flaps forward in the wind, and both take a picture.

                                                APPLAUSE
           

           CURTAIN DOWN

© 2018 angel


Author's Note

angel
Donald is at the Barbershop for a hair flap gluing and spray tan.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds about write.... the image you create here corresponds with the images and opinions of many here just across the pond from you... good luck on Tuesday by the way..... N

Posted 5 Years Ago


Angel - this is my first visit with you and your writings on the Trumpty Dumpty.
I promise I'll read the rest. Great going! I

I have a friend, from high school whose father just about lost his business on one of the occasions Trumpty Dumpty went bankrupt and managed to get away with paying his bill at only $.20 on the dollar. This was on grand pianos my friends' father had supplied to one of his casinos

Posted 5 Years Ago


Another winner
Do you dream these up overnight
He is such a great target and that hair!! wow!!
Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


angel

5 Years Ago

They are fed to me from FAUX news--the only "news" ever heard around here. He is an idiot, and I jus.. read more
Entertaining and fun angel. Certainly very visual, picked up some very orange imagery.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


angel

5 Years Ago

Orange is the new cracked, you know.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Is that so? Well it certainly brightens up my fruit bowl ("lol)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 20, 2018
Last Updated on October 20, 2018

Author

angel
angel

StaffordSprings, CT



About
age 65 sex f writing since age 25, now a 65 year old who is wheelchair bound, but has lived a rich, full life and has a lot to THAY.Fans of John Irving's THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP should get that.. more..

Writing
YOUNG AT HEART YOUNG AT HEART

A Poem by angel


TIME AFTER TIIME TIME AFTER TIIME

A Story by angel